Aug 19, 2018 - 07:51 AM
In order to work in the United States, you must have one of three government-issued documents.
• A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
• A visa that authorizes you to work for a specific employer
• An Employment Authorization Document (work permit)
These documents have individual requirements, and you must adhere closely to the rules for your particular type of permit.
• Permanent (Immigrant) Worker
• Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Worker
• Students and Exchange Visitor
• Temporary Business Visitor
World Education Services is a nonprofit organization that offers tools, advice, and credential evaluation for international students who want to work in Canada or the United States. More than 2,500 governmental, educational, and business establishments in Canada and the United States acknowledge its evaluations. These assessments help hiring managers better understand your degree.
Be sure to put yourself in the best possible light when you meet potential employers for the first time. These tips can help you prepare so that you will be at your best on interview day.