Aug 11, 2018 - 12:24 PM
• What drew you to work in the dental field?
• How have you prepared for work as a dental assistant?
• Have you worked with a dentist before? How well did you work together?
• How would you describe your own oral hygiene?
• Describe your top strength and weakness when working with clients.
• What do you think is the most important responsibility for a dental assistant?
Employers in the dental field often want to assess how well you work with clients, if you're able to work well with other office staff, handle multiple responsibilities, and complete administrative tasks. Prepare to answer relevant questions with resources such as this article. You can also refer to professional articles for tips on successful interview practices.
After sketching out some answers to these questions, practice them with a friend, rather than trying to memorize what you want to say. Don't forget that the way you present yourself is another important element of the interview. While you're preparing answers, set out appropriate clothing, work on a friendly demeanor, and make arrangements to arrive early.