Aug 20, 2018 - 06:33 PM
1. Tell them what you've enclosed, why you've enclosed it, which program you're applying to, and for what term.
2. Explain how you heard about the program. Was it from their website or through an individual like a friend or family member? Was it through a mentor, recruiter, or faculty member? Mention the person by name, especially if they have a direct connection to the program.
3. Use the department website to tailor your letter to the program by incorporating the goals and main point of the program.
4. Show them you have the right attitude. Let them know that the prospect of being a part of their graduate program excites you.
5. Emphasize hands-on experience and expound on important information mentioned in your resume or application.
As with any business letter, you'll need to follow a professional format. The examples and tips at LiveCareer can help you write a stand-out PhD admission cover letter.