Aug 18, 2018 - 05:17 PM
• How did you handle a previous conflict between you and a coworker?
• How did you handle a difficult challenge at work?
• When did you have to adapt to big changes within the workplace?
• Have you ever been unable to meet a deadline? What did you do?
• Did you ever have to convince a group to do something they were reluctant to complete?
• Can you describe how you handle stressful situations at work?
• Talk about a time you disagreed with your boss and how you handled it.
• Have you ever had to deal with an upset or angry customer?
• Have you ever needed to defend the point of view of a customer?
• When have you used creativity to solve a problem?
• Have you ever had to contend with a business situation you objected to ethically?
Mar 25, 2019 - 09:06 PM
Let’s dive deeper. For the Situation part of the question, you will briefly describe a situation that you had to tackle in your job. For example, you might say that upon your time of hire, another employee left the company abruptly in the middle of a time-sensitive project, and you had to quickly determine the next step in the project to keep it moving along and toward the client's deadline.
Next, you will respond to the Task that you undertook to address the situation. You've been presented with the situation and now you will demonstrate the key tasks you need to address to keep things moving along. Using the example we began with above, you could discuss that you created a project plan with the outstanding elements that needed attention.
Now that you have the task, you will discuss the Action you took. You will explain how you went about remedying the situation – what skills and abilities did you use to move the project along? You would now describe the initiative you took to move the project to completion within the deadline. This might include delegating work to others or communicating with other members of the project team to work together on the solution.
Finally, you will discuss the Result. This will demonstrate the outcome of your performance detailed in the S, T, and A. Be sure to share the positive conclusion of the work. When possible, deliver quantifiable information. If you delivered the project early and under budget that would be a strong result.