Jobs in Placentia, CA
- 390,657 Resumes
- 61,828 Jobs Available
- 52,397 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Located in northern Orange County, Placentia, California, is well-known for its public safety and quiet neighborhoods. In 1971 this city won the “All-America City” Award, which is given to ten cities by the National Civic League. As you search for jobs in Placentia, you really need to learn about the local job market. Find out about job prospects, get tips for the job search and your resume building and learn about salary statistics.
In order to learn about the promising job market in Placentia, you have to take a look at the unemployment rate of Orange County compared to the national rate. Orange County’s unemployment rate is 4.3 percent, which is slightly less than the nation’s 5.3 percent. The top five performing industries in the greater Los Angeles area are construction, leisure and hospitality, education and health services, government, and professional and business services. These industries have grown between 2.2 percent and 7.3 percent in the past year. The largest occupation is retail salesperson. The average weekly wage of the United States is $1,048, which is less than $1,221, the average weekly wage in Placentia.
One of the greatest tools you can use in your job search is the resume. Use these tips to ensure that you create a document that will benefit your search:
1. Create a focused resume by including keywords specific to the job you are applying for.
2. Make a unique format by using up to two different fonts, creating a standout header, incorporating bullet points into certain sections and keeping your text flushed to the left.
3. Keep your document at either one or two pages depending on your experience.
4. Focus on your accomplishments and metrics throughout your experience section to create something better than a job description.
5. Break common resume writing rules if you have a really good reason to.
Finding jobs in Placentia and the rest of the country is all about taking the right actions. It can be a difficult process, but you can make it easier by following these tips:
1. Get prepared. Before you start sending out applications or going to interviews, you have to get prepared. Do some research about the career you want to pursue. Find out about companies you want to work for. Learn about interview techniques. Above all, figure out a way to stay organized.
2. Get connected. Use your network and social media to get connected to potential employers. This is an important time to start expanding your network as well. Getting connected to the company before you send in a resume can help you stand out from the other resumes getting sent in.
3. Get information. You can get information about job opportunities through online posting sites, company websites, your network, job fairs, newspapers and similar sources. You can get information about new careers through informational interviews.
4. Get motivated. Motivation is an important part of finding jobs in Placentia. Make daily or weekly job-related goals to help keep yourself motivated throughout the search. You could make a goal to contact so many potential employers in a week or to send out a certain number of resumes in a day.
5. Get set apart. You have to set yourself apart from your peers if you want to succeed. Be prompt and unique in your communication with the hiring manager. Use social media and inside sources to keep yourself at the front of the potential employer’s mind.