Jobs in Phenix City, AL
- 45,739 Resumes
- 2,729 Jobs Available
- 37,540 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Located near the Alabama-Georgia border just west of Columbus, Georgia, is Phenix City. This Alabama city of 32,822 residents, as of the 2010 census, is in the metropolitan areas of both Columbus, Georgia, and Auburn, Alabama. Voted the nation’s ‘Number One Affordable Suburb to Raise a Family’, Phenix City is known for its great residential, educational and professional opportunities amidst low costs of living. For more on job hunting tactics in the Phenix City area, along with vital statistics for those with jobs in Phenix City, continue reading.
Due in part to its close proximity to two major cities and excellent location, Phenix City is a great place to look for a job. The unemployment rate in the Auburn area, including Phenix City, is 4.7 percent, which is less than the national average of 5.3 percent. Government is by far the largest employing sector, followed by trade, transportation and utilities in second place. Tied for third place are professional and business services and leisure and hospitality. The latter experienced a 4 percent growth rate between 2014-2015. Manufacturing takes fifth place amongst the top performing industries. In the Columbus, Georgia, area, including Phenix City, the top occupations are retail salespersons and cashiers. In Russell County, where Phenix City holds the county seat, the average weekly wage is $677, though the national average weekly wage is $1,048.
By ensuring that your resume abides by a few simple, standard guidelines, you can rest easy that it doesn’t break any major rules. But additionally, do yourself a favor and update your resume to digital age standards to make it a magnet for hiring managers.
1. Never bend the cardinal rules of resume-writing: no lies and no mistakes.
2. Be able to format your resume in a few different ways, depending on what delivery method you are using and what is required by the job you’re applying for.
3. Up your resume game by including industry relevant keywords throughout yours, paying special attention to what employers are specifically seeking.
4. Note on your resume how you’ve helped your previous employers to save money, save resources, expand, build more relationships, increase customers, make time and make money.
5. Give your resume clarity and focus by adding a one-line branding statement at the top that pitches you as an employee and focuses on what you have to bring to the table.
If you’re looking for jobs in Phenix City, there are a few strategies, tips and tricks you’ll want to keep in mind to aid your job search. These pieces of advice will help you find the job of your dreams in the millennial age.
1. Use all forms of technology to your advantage. The internet is a playground for enthusiastic job seekers, from online job bulletin boards to skills assessments to social media networking sites.
2. Remember to display your professional side during all aspects of your job search, whether meeting casually with business contacts or portraying your online identity. Keep it strictly professional, while also letting little glimpses of your personality shine.
3. In an interview, market yourself to recruiters by telling and showing what you can do better than others. Your unique skills are what will set you apart from the masses of other candidates.
4. Don’t be afraid of your own potential. Own your job search, and commit to landing a job that utilizes your best assets. Find a way to make your talents meet the demands of the market.
5. Conduct an active, rather than passive, job search. Instead of sitting back and waiting for the offers to roll in, reach out to hiring managers directly, stay up to date with industry news and happenings and proactively post your resume on online channels to attract attention.