Jobs in Pharr, TX
- 755,838 Resumes
- 580 Jobs Available
- 75,382 Population
- $54,000 Average Salary
Pharr, Texas, is a city in the county of Hidalgo. It is very close to the Mexican border. In fact, Pharr is connected to the Mexican city Reynosa by bridge. If you’re looking for jobs in Pharr, you have to know about its economic standpoint more so than geographic. Use this guide to find out about the job market and tips to make your job search easier.
Compared to the rest of the United States, Pharr has a high unemployment rate. Hidalgo County, which includes Pharr and McAllen, has an unemployment rate of 7.4 percent, while the US has an unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The top five industries in Hidalgo County are education and health services; government; trade, transportation and utilities; leisure and hospitality; and professional and business services. Of those five education and health services has seen the biggest growth, 6.8 percent, in the last year. According to a 2014 study done by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the largest occupation in Pharr is personal care aides. This occupation employs about 22,140 people. The average weekly salary for the United States is $1,048, which is much higher than Pharr’s $607.
Your resume is your most critical job-search tool. Follow these five tips to ensure that you create something eye-catching to help find jobs in Pharr:
1. Tailor your resume for specific job openings by using keywords from the job description and focusing on skills and experiences that are relevant to that job.
2. Make your resume reader-friendly by using bullet points and keeping everything flushed to the left.
3. Include experience information in order of importance to the employer: position title, company name, location of company and dates of employment.
4. Let employers know how to contact you by sharing your web address, the city and state that you live in, one phone number and an email address.
5. Keep all of the information that you share professionally relevant.
No matter where you are looking for a job, taking the right actions can make your search easier. Use these five tips as you look for jobs in Pharr:
1. Do your research. Look at job postings online, in the newspaper and elsewhere in order to get a good idea of what is available. Don’t forget to do research on the company that you are applying to as well. Knowledge can help you stand out from your peers.
2. Follow up on all leads. You should follow up after the initial contact in order to show that you are dedicated to getting a job. You should also follow up after an interview. You can send a thank-you note or something of the kind.
3. Consider your options. Before you start applying to jobs that are in the same industry that you’re in now, you have to consider your options. This means taking a close, hard look at yourself. What tasks do you enjoy doing? Do you want to switch industries? When you find jobs in Pharr, you don’t necessarily have to stick to one industry.
4. Turn to the web. Many employers search Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for their next employees. This means that you have to showcase your professional self on these sites. Make sure that you’re presenting yourself well in every facet.
5. Meet in person. While social media is an important tool, you shouldn’t underestimate the power of meeting in person. When possible you should actually go to businesses and hand them your resume. You can even stop in as a way to follow up.