Jobs in Pflugerville, TX
- 270,550 Resumes
- 9,774 Jobs Available
- 54,644 Population
- $54,000 Average Salary
Located in both Travis and Williamson Counties, Pflugerville, TX is home to over 46,000 people. A variety of construction and development projects are bringing many new options for shopping and entertainment to the area. This Austin suburb has more than 15 parks, meaning it is the perfect place to pursue outdoor hobbies. It was even once the filming location for the TV show Friday Night Lights. Plugerville’s attributes are noteworthy, and so is its employment potential. If you are searching for jobs in Pflugerville, you will want to know something about its job market. Continue reading to learn more about available jobs and their respective salaries.
Pflugerville is a good place to look for a job, because Travis and Williamson Counties both have better than average job prospects. Their unemployment rates are 3.3% and 3.4% respectively, both significantly lower than the national rate of 5.3%. The government is the largest source of jobs in Pflugerville, closely followed by the trade, transportation and utilities industry. Professional and business services, leisure and hospitality and education and health services round out the top five job providers, with professional and business services experiencing an 8% job growth rate in 2015. The largest occupations are retail salespersons and general office clerks. The average weekly wages of Travis and Williamson Counties are $1,153 and $1,091, both of which are higher than the national average of $1,048.
One thing that will set apart jobseekers in Pflugerville and in any other city is an excellent resume. Here are some tips for making your resume shine, no matter what your career goals are or what level of experience you have:
1. Focus on your accomplishments. Potential employers want to know the major things you achieved in your previous positions.
2. Quantify. Specifically explain your accomplishments in terms of numbers—rather than saying you increased sales, say you increased sales by 5 percent.
3. Edit. Make sure that you do not have any typos on your resume, as this implies to potential employers that you did not care enough to check for them.
4. Tailor to the position. With each position you apply to, alter your resume so that its focus is relevant to the job’s requirements.
5. Review sample resumes. Search online for sample resumes in your industry so you can model your own resume after them.
One principle applies to finding jobs in Pflugerville and finding jobs in any other city in the U. S. —it is much more doable if you approach the task the right way. Here are some tips for making the process go as smoothly as possible:
1. Refresh yourself on interview etiquette. Make sure you have a professional outfit, and practice in front of a mirror before interviews.
2. Make a goal to speak to someone new every day about your job search. This will be a daily reminder for you to continually make new connections in pursuit of your goal.
3. Find and attend job fairs in your area. You never know what job prospects you will encounter, and you should never pass up an opportunity to make connections in person.
4. Look for job leads in as many places as you can—online, in newspapers and on community billboards.
5. Have a positive attitude about your job search, looking at it as an opportunity rather than a burden.