Perry Township Jobs At A Glance
Perry Township, Ohio, is one of seventeen townships in Stark County. It is an urban township about 31 miles south of Akron, Ohio. As you search for jobs in Perry Township, you need to find out more about the job market rather than the geography of the area. You can gather some introductory information related to searching for jobs, writing resumes and salary data.
Job Market in Perry Township
The unemployment rate in Stark County is 4.9 percent, which is lower than the national average unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. This shows that the job market in Perry Township is fairly promising. The top performing industries in Cleveland, Ohio, which is about 58 miles north of Perry Township, are education and health services; trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; government; and manufacturing. These industries have grown an average of 0.7 percent in the past year. The largest occupations in the Akron area are retail salesperson, combined food preparation and serving worker and cashier. The average weekly wage in Stark County is $759, which is significantly less than the national average of $1,048.
Resume Tips For Perry Township Jobseekers
Your resume is an important part of the job search. You need to create a dynamic, professional-looking document that will catch the eye of the hiring manager. Use these tips to figure out what sort of information to include on your resume:
1. Make sure your resume has your name, contact information, education and experience.
2. You can add supplementary information, such as accomplishments, affiliations, certifications, languages and publications.
3. Never include a physical description of yourself, your political or religious views, hobbies, reasons for leaving your last job or references.
4. Only include information that is relevant to the position in question, which means you may need to revamp your resume each time you apply to a new position.
5. Avoid sharing any false information or lies on your resume, as this is often unacceptable.
How to Find Jobs in Perry Township
Unfortunately there isn’t a blueprint for finding jobs in Perry Township or anywhere else in the country. You can, however, make the entire process a little easier by making smart decisions and taking prudent steps. Use these tips as you try to find jobs:
1. Create an online identity. Whether you’re on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+, you have to make sure that your social media sites portray you in a positive, professional way. Many employers search for and vet employees through social media. Share articles related to your work and create a description that discusses your experience.
2. Actively search. You can’t just send out a few resumes and wait for responses. You have to be actively looking, talk with people in your network and stay persistent. The search can take a long time, but if you look for openings in newspapers, at job fairs, on online job posting sites and elsewhere, you will have a better chance of finding a job.
3. Come up with a follow-up technique. You should always follow up on possibilities. Whether you sent in a resume or had an interview, you shouldn’t let the communication end until you have heard a definitive answer. However, that does not mean that you should be a pest. You need to come up with a follow-up technique that is persistent but polite.
4. Be responsible. If the search for jobs in Perry Township is taking longer than you thought it would, you have to take the responsibility. Run your own job search because no one else will take the leads. Get in the right, responsible mindset by setting daily or weekly goals for yourself.
5. Practice for all aspects of the interview. Many jobseekers practice answering common interview questions, but you should be sure to practice listening, think about what you want to wear and ponder your nonverbal communication.