Jobs in Perris, CA
- 234 Resumes
- 12,198 Jobs Available
- 73,756 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Perris, California is in a great location where the weather is nice year round and the celebrities are within easy access. The town has actually played host to a few movies in the past, offering up its train station in Calendar Girl and serving as a backdrop in Eagle Eyes. The town also underwent an amazing growth in population from 2000-2010. If you are currently looking for jobs in Perris, California, then you need to learn a bit about the town’s job market, including top professions and unemployment rate.
The population boom may have played a bit into the current job market in Perris. As you look for jobs in Perris, California, you may notice the employment rate is a bit high at 6.5% compared to the national rate of 5.3%. However, for this area, the weekly average wage is higher than other towns at $861. The national average wage, though, is $1,048. The good news is that there are industries thriving in this area. The top industries in the Riverside area where Perris is located include trade, transportation and utilities, government and education and health services. It is important to note that another large industry, construction, has seen a nice increase in employment, helping to provide more jobs for those in the area. However, the current top occupations are retail salespersons, laborers and freight, stock and material movers, and cashiers.
Your resume is an important tool as you look for jobs in Perris, California. You want to be sure it is in good shape. To help you out, here are some tips for writing a great resume.
1. List your jobs starting with your most recent one first. You want to highlight your current skills and experience the most.
2. Avoid tired and redundant wording. You don’t want your resume to read like everyone else’s. Avoid saying things like “duties included” or “responsible for. ” Instead use action verbs.
3. Emphasize your transferable skills or those skills that will work in any industry and help make you a well-rounded employee.
4. Don’t include high school under your education section unless it is your only education or you just graduated.
5. Always proofread your resume carefully. You want it to look professional and polished. Misspelled words, formatting issues and grammar mistakes will make your resume look sloppy.
When you are looking for jobs in Perris, California, there are some things you can do to make it easier on you. Here are five tips for job hunting.
1. Take time to read through career resources. Learn as much as you can about the industry you want to work in. Find out the major skills needed, so you can highlight the ones you have.
2. Go to job fairs. These are amazing resources when you are hunting for jobs in Perris, California. You will be able to meet a variety of people and get your resume into a lot of hands.
3. Take assessments to learn more about your skills and interests. These are easily found online and are a great way to learn what things you can highlight on your resume.
4. Practice interviewing. Have someone help you do this. This is especially important if you haven’t interviewed in a long time or if you have limited interview experience.
5. Follow up after an interview. Don’t stop checking in until you are told the position has already been filled.