Jobs in Perinton, NY
- 184,203 Resumes
- 2,471 Jobs Available
- 46,658 Population
- $43,000 Average Salary
With a town of this size, you’d think that one claim to fame would be enough, but try Erie Canal, Bushnell’s Basin, 15 parks and trails and free concerts all summer long. That’s right, all in one place. If you’re looking for jobs in Perinton, no doubt you’re interested in what to expect in regards to specific occupations, how much they pay and how that compares to living expenses in town. Consider this page as your starting point.
Jobs in Perinton are not hard to come by, especially in strong sectors of the local economy. Unemployment is 4.6 percent, below the national figure of 5.3 percent. The top performing industries include construction, hospitality and health services. However the greatest recent increase took place in professional and business services, where 4,800 jobs were added over the previous year. A decline of 6 percent occurred over the previous year in financial activities employment. The largest occupations are retail salespersons, administrative assistants and cashiers. Average weekly wages sit at $901, below the national average of $1,048.
Your resume is a requirement for applying at most companies, but you should think of it more as your ticket to career success. If your resume is out of date, or hasn’t won you the opportunity that you were looking for yet, then read over the following tips.
1. It should represent you well. Choose fonts, styles and a page layout that match your career. But don’t get too carried away about the design, unless you’re applying to work as an artist.
2. When printing your resume, choose a thick, solid piece of paper. A heavier and more solid looking document is more likely to draw attention when managers have to sort through numerous candidates.
3. When listing your experience, focus on accomplishments rather than on duties. When it makes sense, quantify results from your previous position(s).
4. Be cautious about listing hobbies and sports. These “extracurricular activities” are great to show for new grads or for college students looking for an internship, but beyond that, it’s not going to give you an edge for jobs in Perinton.
5. Consider having contact cards made. You’re not going to be able to carry copies of your resume with you at all times. Whenever you head out, ensure that you have a few in your wallet. You never know when opportunity will present itself.
Being out of work or stuck doing something you don’t like can be a bummer. Happily though, you can get your hand on jobs in Perinton by doing the same thing that a good occupation requires: hard work. Here are a few suggestions for landing your next dream gig.
1. Talk to people. Word of mouth spreads quickly in Perinton, and if people know you are available for work, your next gig could be just a phone call away.
2. Do your research. Find out who the current top employers are, which businesses are growing and where leaders forecast the best opportunities. Use this data to fuel your efforts.
3. Always write a fresh cover letter. Tailor your piece to what the position requires. Ensure that even if you don’t have the exact experience they are looking for, try to make note of transferrable skills that you can take to your next employer.
4. Keep an open mind. With technology changing almost everything, workers face times when former positions become obsolete. Such changes provide opportunities to develop new skills.
5. Never lie on your application. Staying honest in regards to age, education and experience will only help you in the long run. Resist the temptation to twist numbers even a little in your favor.