Jobs in Peoria, AZ
- 939 Resumes
- 21,523 Jobs Available
- 166,934 Population
- $50,000 Average Salary
The city of Peoria, Arizona is located just 13 miles northwest of downtown Phoenix and has a population of 162,000 residents. Its proximity to Phoenix as part of the greater Phoenix area, gives Peoria a larger employer base for residents of the city when you are looking to find a job. The city of Peoria itself has a number of employers in fields that include construction, agriculture, healthcare and the financial industry. Even though there are many opportunities available in the Phoenix and Peoria area, it is important that employers see a professional resume to give job candidates the best chance for being hired. The following details provide tips on how to create an effective and compelling resume.
When you are looking for the biggest industries in Peoria, the top five would be:1. Business Services2. Healthcare3. Construction4. Financial5. Consumer ServicesThese are just the top five. The city of Peoria also includes employment opportunities in automotive services, food services, agriculture and many more.
1. Get Results - Your resume needs to do more than just provide information. You want it to create action so that the employer wants to call you in for an interview. Remember, a resume is not an application. The purpose of the resume is to get you an interview. Use action words and ask for the interview.
2. Connect the Dots - Yes, your resume needs to provide your attributes, but it also needs to give concise examples. Make your character come alive, but remember, you are not writing a book.
3. Effective Outlining - The employer does not have time to read a novel. They are searching through your resume for specific information. Make your resume easy-to-read by breaking it up with bullet points and spaces.
4. Does the Employer know what you Want - Employers often get resumes and have no idea what position the person is applying for. When creating your resume, be specific about the position you are applying for and if responding to an add, give reference to where you found the listing for the job. This also helps the employer know what advertising is working for them when placing an ad for a position.
5. Avoid Negatives - You don't want to plant negatives in the employers mind. You want to make them feel like they should call you. The employer doesn't need or want to know what you didn't like about your last job or how you felt about your previous boss. Only give information that puts you in a positive light. Just like there are things that you should include to get your resume noticed, there are also things that could get your resume thrown in the trash and should not be included.
Here are five things to avoid in your resume:
1. Unnecessary information: The resume is not a place to put your religion, marital status or birthdate, among other details. They may be asked for on an application once you are hired, but the purpose of the resume is to get the interview.
2. Physical Characteristics: Your resume should not include anything about how you look, unless it is a requirement of the position like an actor or model. Your resume should speak for itself and provide action words that inspires the employer to want to call you.
3. Humor: Your employer is serious about looking for a new employee. Your resume needs to reflect a professional mannerism. Adding jokes or humor to your resume is not appropriate when applying for a position.
4. 10-dollar words: Don't try to impress your future boss with high-brow words. Unless you are applying as a physician or a job that uses extemporaneous wording, use common wording that can be understood. Do not use texting shortcuts or abbreviations.
5. Other information: Don't include things that have nothing to do with the job. Use concise, detailed information that is related to the job you are applying for.
No matter whether you are searching for a job in Peoria or any other city, deficiencies in education or work experience can be overcome with a well-written resume. The right wording and format can capture an employers attention and lift your resume up to the top of the stack. There are some tips you need to implement in your resume that will give you an advantage no matter what your experience. Here are five tips to keep in mind when producing a great-looking resume.