Jobs in Pembroke Pines, FL
- 248,003 Resumes
- 24,522 Jobs Available
- 164,626 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Located in southern Florida, just west of Hollywood, the city of Pembroke Pines has a population of 154,750 and includes a number of employment opportunities in the fields of customer service and tourism. The area has plenty of sports and entertainment venues as well for job seekers to find work. Pembroke Pines is just five miles from the Atlantic Ocean and 20 miles north of Miami.
Pembroke Pines has a current unemployment rate of 4.4%, below the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. The most in demand jobs in the city of Pembroke Pines are in the areas of retail sales, customer service representatives, food service workers, cashiers, registered nurses, waiters and waitresses.Five of the most in demand positions with the most percentage of growth in Pembroke Pines include:1. Legislators2. Advertising Managers3. Education Administrators4. Natural Science Managers5. Funeral Managers
When you are looking for work in Pembroke Pines or anywhere else, pay attention to the small details and create a more effective job search by including some simple steps. Here are five easy tips that will help you create an effective job search.
1. Networking is importantDo not underestimate the power of using the people around you as a potential source of employment information. You never know who they might talk to that could be looking for someone like you to hire. Always tell the people you know what kind of work you are looking for and what you would be available to do.
2. Learn your SkillsTemp agencies and unemployment offices offer free classes in computer programs that can help increase your skills.
3. Create a PlanCreate a plan to measure the success of your job search.
4. Know your Work Learn what the job you are applying for entails. By knowing what it is the employer expects from you, you can impress them and possibly get the job. Employers are interested in people who take the time to learn about their jobs.
5. Mock InterviewHave a friend or family member conduct an interview with you to remove any nervousness.
Pembroke Pines serve a large population of retired people as well as tourists and recreation seekers. To conduct an effective job search, anyone looking for work in Pembroke Pines should consider industries and companies that cater to serving the public. There are a number of hotel, restaurant and recreational jobs available. By designing your job search in these areas, you will be more effective. Here are just a few ideas for your job search. The following information can help you design a resume that can get any hiring managers attention. Even if a job is not openly advertised, companies still need employees. Here are five tips to creating a very effective resume:
1. Focus on Strong Points. What are you good at? When you write your resume, focus on the things you do well and design it around your positive traits. By highlighting what you do well, it will help you to look for work in areas that you will enjoy. This can help you create a very effective resume that can get an employers attention.
2. Be DirectMake sure your resume is direct and to the point. Do not add fluff or unnecessary information that detracts the employer.
3. Be FocusedWhen you are goal-oriented and focused on what you want to accomplish in your work, the employer will see you as someone who is productive and results driven. Employers want workers who are serious about doing the job and they are looking for people who care about their jobs.
4. Trading places. Pretend that you are the boss for a minute and someone presented the resume you have written to you. Would it be enough for you to grant an interview? Scan your resume and design it so that even you would be impressed.
5. Spell check your work. If your resume is sloppy and has lots of misspellings, the employer is going to see you as not caring about the work you do.