Jobs in Peabody, MA
- 55,708 Resumes
- 34,126 Jobs Available
- 52,376 Population
- $73,000 Average Salary
Peabody, Massachusetts, sits in Essex County at the northeastern part of the state. This city is located in what is known as the North Shore region of the state. It is important to become familiar with the economic outlook of the area as you look for jobs in Peabody. Get preliminary information about the job market, job search, resume writing and salary data.
The unemployment rate in Essex County is 4.3 percent which is lower than the unemployment rate of the United States, which is 5.3 percent. This gives you an idea that the job market in Peabody is still slightly difficult, but very promising. The top performing industries in the area are mining, logging and construction; professional and business services; financial activities; education and health services; and information. These industries have grown an average of 3.1 percent over the last year. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, registered nurse, cashier and general and operations manager. The average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048 while in Essex County it is $1,465.
As you search for jobs in Peabody, it is important that you use all of your tools well. The resume is one of the most critical tools you can use. Follow these five tips to create an outstanding document:
1. Focus on what makes you right for the position by discussing your related past experiences, skills and personality traits.
2. Try to order all of your content in a way that is important to the hiring manager.
3. Focus on readability by using bullet points, incorporating the table tool, keeping your text flushed to the left, creating headers and properly using white space.
4. Avoid sharing information that is irrelevant, such as hobbies, political views or family details.
5. Use a reverse chronological order to put your most recent experience towards the top of the resume.
Finding jobs in Peabody and the rest of the country can be a challenge. Taking the right steps can help make the entire process easier. Use these tips to make finding a job less challenging:
1. Be open to opportunities. Too many jobseekers have a single idea of what they are looking for and that’s it. As a jobseeker, you have to be aware that you may not get the exact position you are looking for right away. Instead you should be searching for a company that has the potential you desire.
2. Find opportunities. Becoming aware of different openings is essential to the job search. You can find job postings online, in newspapers, at libraries, through your network, at career centers and at job fairs.
3. Communicate first. Rather than sending your resume in right when you hear about a position, you should reach out to someone in the company. Use your network to find a friend of a friend or get connected through social media, and then ask that person to send your resume along.
4. Keep communicating. Once you have made initial contact with a potential employer, you have to keep the communication going. Send thank you notes, write emails, call or stop in to keep you at fresh in their minds.
5. Stay positive. Finding jobs in Peabody is not always easy, but it is important that you stay positive. Your mindset can affect your search. Make daily goals for yourself and keep all interactions focused on the positive of things.