Jobs in Parkland, FL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 23,997 Jobs Available
- 28,131 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
The city’s name, Parkland, is quite fitting because it is designed to look and feel much like a park. The city held off on allowing any store or even traffic lights to be added to the city until early in the 2000s in order to keep the park-like feel. The city is part of the Miami-Fort Laderdale- Pompano Beach area. If you are looking for jobs in this area, you will want to be concerned with the job market, including top occupations and the average wage.
The average wage in this area is $925, which is slightly lower than the national average of $1,048. Unemployment is around 5%, which is just below the 5.3% national average. Looking for jobs in Parkland, Florida, you’ll want to take a look at the top industries, which include trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, education and health services, leisure and hospitality, and government. Growth has been seen in all the industries, except government, which saw a very small 0.1% decrease. The top occupations in this area include retail salespersons, customer service representatives, food preparation and serving workers, cashiers and waiters and waitresses.
Writing a good resume is crucial to getting a job. Employers rely on your resume to learn a lot about you, your skills and your experience. You have to make sure it is polished. Here are some tips to get your resume in shape as you hunt for jobs in Parkland, Florida.
1. Always proofread your resume. Running a spell check isn’t enough. You need to read over it to be sure everything makes sense and there are no grammar errors.
2. Get help if you need it. If you don’t know where to start or just need someone to help you proofread, don’t be afraid to ask for help.
3. Use reverse chronological order. Most employers are going to expect your resume to be in reverse chronological order, so avoid any confusion by following this general formatting guideline.
4. Keep your resume under two pages. Ideally, one page will be enough, but two is really the longest you should make it. You want it to be easy to scan and read through.
5. Don’t put references on your resume. If an employer wants references, they will ask for them.
A job hunt anywhere is going to involve a lot of work. Things are no different when you are searching for jobs in Parkland, Florida. You will have to make yourself stand out and find a way to convince employers that you are the right person for the position. Here is some advice to help you with your job search.
1. Consider looking outside your current industry. You likely have skills that will transfer to another industry, so consider an industry that maybe has more jobs available right now. This will open up more jobs and opportunities.
2. Use your network but don’t rely on only them. You should contact everyone you know and get the word out that you are searching for jobs in Parkland, Florida, but you also need to keep looking on your own. Don’t expect other people to do the work for you.
3. Attend job fairs. Job fairs allow you to meet multiple employers at one time. You can fill out applications and sometimes even do interviews.
4. Keep a positive attitude. It can be difficult to job hunt, but you have to stay positive and keep your eyes on the end goal.
5. Always check back after an interview or applying for a job. Keep checking back until you are told the position is filled.