Jobs in Park Ridge, IL
- 114,906 Resumes
- 37,591 Jobs Available
- 37,856 Population
- $68,000 Average Salary
Park Ridge is a quiet suburb positioned 15 min from downtown Chicago with a population of 37,480 as of the 2010 census. Originally established as a brick-making center, the area’s top employers are in healthcare, education and a selection of corporations. Many residents also commute to Chicago for employment. Gather information on job prospects and average salaries for jobs in Park Ridge to gain an understanding of the area’s economic outlook.
The Chicago Area, which includes Park Ridge, has experienced some small recent economic growth. The areas unemployment rate dropped from 5.9 percent in 2014 to 5.4 percent in 2015, which is on par with the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The trade, transportation and utilities sector offers the greatest number of job prospects followed by the professional and business services, education and health services and government sectors. However, the construction industry has experienced the greatest amount of growth between 2014 and 2015. The most popular position held in the Chicago area is retail salesperson followed by laborers, freight, stock and material movers. The average weekly salary in the Chicago area is $1,062, and the national average weekly salary is $1,048.
Your job hunt success is largely dependent on the state of your resume, and a solid resume will help you find jobs in Park Ridge. Follow these do’s and don’ts to help you create a resume that will stand out from the rest.
1. Do focus the resume. You want to make sure that your resume is specifically focused on the skills that make you right for the job.
2. Don’t highlight old experiences. You want to make sure that you are only including and emphasizing your most recent experiences and related skills.
3. Do quantify your experiences and accomplishments. Numbers and specifics will help you stand out.
4. Don’t include references. Employers will ask for references when they need them, so you don’t need them here.
5. Do proof your resume to ensure that it is grammatically correct and formatted appropriately.
Locating jobs in Park Ridge requires substantial job-hunting skills paired with an optimal mindset. These job-seeking tips can help you find success in today’s rigorous job market.
1. Clean up your online personality. Today, employers frequently check online profiles before hiring individuals, and you want to make sure that your social media profiles are going to help you get the job not lose it. Make sure to polish them up and highlight your employability.
2. Increase your online presence. Online networking is more important than ever, and you want to move beyond your Facebook or Twitter. Follow industry blogs and social media pages and make sure to interact with posts. This helps you stay up to date on the industry and increases your contacts.
3. Connect offline. While the Internet is an important piece of the job search, don’t forget to connect with people in person. Meeting individuals directly and attending industry meetings can help you create a more personal connection with potential employers and ultimately help you stand out in a sea of electronic resumes and applications.
4. Be prepared for the process. The job search is not an easy process and the sooner you accept this fact and prepare for it, the better off you will be. You want to make sure that you are mentally prepared to persist through the process. Additionally, you want to make sure that you are saving and budgeting to make it through to the end.
5. Create a clear plan. Planning out your long-term career goals and mapping out steps can help you more clearly obtain long-term success. You want to think outside of just the next job. Think about skills and courses that you can acquire that might help. A planned journey will help you improve your outcome.