Jobs in Paramount, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 6,420 Jobs Available
- 55,406 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Home of the Zamboni Company, Paramount, California, sits in Los Angeles County. It is bordered by Compton, Lynwood, South Gate, Downey, Bellflower and Long Beach as part of the greater Los Angeles area. When you want to find jobs in Paramount, you have to look at the economic outlook of the area. Get introductory information on the job market, salary statistics, career advice and resume tips.
Many jobseekers look to the unemployment rate to tell how difficult a certain job market is. The average unemployment rate in the United States is 5.3 percent, but in Los Angeles County it is higher than that at 5.9 percent, which makes the job market in Paramount particularly challenging. The top five performing industries are construction, leisure and hospitality, education and health services, government, and personal and business services. These five industries have grown an average of 3.8 percent over the last year. The largest occupations in the area are retail salesperson, office clerk and cashier. The average weekly wages in Los Angeles County and the United States are $1,120 and $1,048 respectively.
The resume is an essential part of getting jobs in Paramount. It is a promotional tool that can catch the eye of hiring managers when designed well. Use these tips to ensure that your resume is helpful:
1. Create a sharp focus for your resume by including a summary of your qualifications near the top of your resume.
2. Create a resume that is important to the reader by including keywords, focusing on the skills you have that make you right for the job and revamping your resume for each position you apply to.
3. Create an engaging experience section by focusing on accomplishments and metrics.
4. Create a reader-friendly document by keeping all text flushed to the left, using bullet points and designing headers.
5. Create a relevant document by not including a physical description, reasons for leaving previous jobs, references, religious or political affiliations, salary information, irrelevant hobbies and marital status.
As you search for jobs in Paramount, you will find that it is much the same as the rest of the country. It can be a long and difficult process, but if you take certain actions it can become easier. Use these tips to make your search a little easier:
1. Review your past. This moment of self-assessment can help you figure out what you’re capable of and which duties you enjoyed doing the most. It can help you find a job that you actually get something out of.
2. Research companies. You should research companies before you go in for an interview, but it may even be helpful to do some preliminary research before you apply. The information you gather can help you figure out if you would like working for that particular company.
3. Make a plan. Once you know what type of position you are looking for and what type of company you want to work for, you have to make a plan of organization. Many jobseekers use a spreadsheet to keep their job search organized.
4. Talk with your network. Talk to people in your network to learn about jobs in Paramount, gain more information about certain companies, learn about new careers through informational interviews and otherwise supplement the information you are getting elsewhere.
5. Focus on yourself, but not too much. Throughout the job search process you have to focus on promoting yourself, but you also have to make sure that you are really listening to what potential employers are saying. In an interview listen to the question, so you know what answer to give.