Jobs in Paradise, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 1,794 Jobs Available
- 26,449 Population
- $65,000 Average Salary
Paradise is nestled in the Sierra Nevada foothills beyond northeastern Sacramento Valley in Butte County, California. It is in the Chico Metropolitan Area and is 12 miles from Chico. 26,000 residents enjoy the cooler summers and beautiful, forested outdoor areas.If you are looking for a job in the town, then you will want to think about more than the pleasing natural features and local amenities: you’ll want to learn some details about the job market, including job openings and typical salaries. This article will give job hunters an overview of the information needed to find a great job in the area.
The job market in the area of Paradise, CA reflects the presence of three universities. Office and administrative support occupations are the largest job sector in the Chico area, which includes all of Butte County. Employment had higher than average numbers in the following job groups: education, training and library; food preparation and serving; and healthcare practitioners. Wages in Chico were higher than the national average in healthcare support and in building and grounds cleaning and maintenance. The unemployment rate in the area is 6.7%, which is somewhat higher than the 5.3% national average. The mean hourly wages were $20.50, which was lower than the national average of $22.71.
In Pleasant, CA or any other area in the country, presenting a standout resume is a vital part of the job search. Regardless of your career goals, the industry you’re working in, or your current level of experience there are some rules to follow when writing your resume. Here are five tips to help you create or update your resume:
1. Don’t overcrowd the page. Hiring managers might skip over your resume completely and go to the next one in the pile if it is too full of words. Use bullets to emphasize the important points and limit words.
2. Put job experience in reverse chronological order so that employers can read the most current information first.
3. Ditch the objective statement in the beginning.
4. Use action verbs throughout the resume and make sure that you include industry-specific keywords. This helps highlight how much you were doing in previous jobs.
5. Mention specific accomplishments as much as possible. Employers want to know that you can get results in your new job. If you can show your successes with concrete numbers you will have an advantage.
Whether you are searching for jobs in Paradise, CA, or in any other part of the country, the search can be made more efficient and ultimately be more successful if you take the right kind of action. Here are five tips to help you on your job search:
1. Be prepared for a long search. Job hunting takes time: often months. Don’t get frustrated and try to maintain a positive attitude.
2. Network extensively. It is so important to make and use your connections. Networking can be done on professional websites, but it is also important to communicate with people face to face by joining professional organizations and meeting others in the field.
3. Create and maintain and professional, positive online presence. Ensure that nothing inappropriate pops up when your name is searched, and project that you are a capable, motivated employee.
4. Follow up on all leads. Even the slightest lead may turn into something great. Be proactive and persistent to find the job of your dreams.
5. Make sure that your cover letter and resume are updated and relevant to the prospective job.