Jobs in Palo Alto, CA
- 350,900 Resumes
- 30,672 Jobs Available
- 66,955 Population
- $82,000 Average Salary
Palo Alto is a center of educational excellence and technological genius. Not only is Stanford University located in this historic city, but also, Palo Alto also hosts some of the top technology companies in the United States. Even though this area is an incubator for some of the greatest companies and innovators in the United States, it is important to clearly have an understanding of the area’s average salaries, local job market and job prospects to be connected with the best jobs in Palo Alto. The following article will outline these important topics.
Santa Clara county, in which Palo Alto is located, has shown promising increases in overall employment in the area. In 2015, the unemployment rate was at 4.9%. In one year, this rate decreased to 3.9%, which is much lower than the national average of 5.3%. The 2015 bureau of labor statistics reports the top employers of jobs in Palo Alto are professional and business services, manufacturing and education and health services. Both construction and information industries have shown over a 12% increase in employment from 2014 to 2015. Because of its strong ties to information technology, the largest occupations in Palo A lot are systems and applications software developers. Because of a higher proportion of technical jobs in Palo Alto, the average income is $1457, higher than the national average of $1,046.
A resume is one of the most important ways to impress a potential employer. Even if you are highly experienced and regardless of your industry or position, the following guidelines will help you to prepare a stronger resume.
1. Utilize resume templates as a starting block. If you do not have a strong resume, download resume templates, and choose the one that you think best communicates your skills.
2. Document your transferrable skills. Your resume should clearly document your skills and experiences from previous jobs that make you the best candidate for the current job.
3. Organize your resume with bold sections and indentation. A resume should be easy to read through, and sections should be clearly distinguished with indentation. This organization helps readers more easily navigate your resume.
4. Only include accurate skills and experiences. It can be tempting to try to make yourself look better by overestimating your skills and experiences. Be honest and accurate in your skills.
5. Include a “Qualifications” section to quickly communicate your skills.
Finding the best jobs in Palo Alto that will utilize your skills and experiences can be easier if you consider the following recommendations.
1. Take advantage of online networking resources. Especially in the technology industry, it is important to utilize online networks to post your skills and experience.
2. Showcase your skills with samples. If you want to showcase skills in writing, graphic design, programming or other similar professions, prepare samples that you can share with the hiring managers.
3. Organize your job search. Invest time to carefully document and organize your job search. Make sure to record the locations to which you have applied, the materials you used to apply, to whom you sent your materials and important dates throughout the process.
4. Be persistent in your job search. Finding the right job takes persistence especially when you feel that you deserved a specific job that you were not offered.
5. Research interview questions for your field. Take advantage of an abundance of online resources that can help you to prepare for the questions that you will receive during a job interview.