Jobs in Palmetto Bay, FL
- 222,435 Resumes
- 5,079 Jobs Available
- 24,513 Population
- $52,000 Average Salary
Palmetto Bay is a suburban of Miami, Florida. According to the 2010 census, the population was 23,410. The area was severely damaged by Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and many of its businesses and stores were destroyed. Ever since then, the city has been slowly rebuilding and regaining its economic strength. Palmetto Bay is the single area of Miami that faced that extent on damage. The town used to house the Burger King headquarters, which has since relocated to Miami-Dade County. Finding work in Palmetto Bay means learning more about the town’s local economy, including job prospects and average salaries.
The economic forecast for Palmetto Bay appears promising, as unemployment rates in Miami-Dade County continue to decline. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, unemployment rates have dropped from 5.9% in December 2014 to 5.8% in December 2015. The national average unemployment rate is 5.2%. The job that accounts for the highest number of employees in the area is retail salesperson. The second largest group includes customer service representatives, followed by combined food preparation and serving workers. Top performing industries include construction, professional and business services, and leisure and hospitality. The construction industry alone has increased by 6.3% from December 2014 to December 2015. The average weekly wage for an employee in the Palmetto Bay area is $931.
When it comes to finding jobs in Palmetto Bay, you’ll need to think of your resume as your calling card. Keep your resume writing in top shape with the following tips.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you’re a doctor or academic using curricula vitae (CVs), there’s no need to write more than two pages. Keep your resume writing relevant and concise.
2. Do align the text flush left and make use of bullet points wherever appropriate. These simple formatting tricks will increase the organization of your writing.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Avoid overly used expressions such as “detail oriented” and “team player” as these detract from the originality of your writing.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a “Summary of Skills” section. Doing so offers your reader an overview of your qualifications.
4. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
If you’re looking for jobs in Palmetto Bay, you’ll want to put to use certain effective job seeking skills. The tips below should help keep you on track during this important process.
1. Stay positive. Having a positive mindset will alleviate any unnecessary stress and help you remember that you’re unemployment is only temporary. You might consider joining a support group to connect with others in a similar predicament.
2. Find a part time gig. Finding part time work is always a solution if you need to alleviate financial stress. Plus, you never know where part time work opportunities could lead.
3. Make a plan. Making a plan and setting goals for yourself that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis is one of the most effective ways of managing your time and productivity. For instance, try sending out a certain number of resumes per week.
4. Connect with your network. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts that could offer insight into the job market. Their advice and time will be of great value, and you never know where that next job lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Making a strong presence on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn can help you expand your network. Also keep in mind that employers use these sites to gain access to your professional profile.