Jobs in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- 246,896 Resumes
- 6,739 Jobs Available
- 51,919 Population
- $57,000 Average Salary
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida is a beautiful beachside community located in Palm Beach County. The city hosts a wide range of economic forces including security, research, healthcare and the PGA. Although this region is known for its beautiful scenery and strong economic standing, getting a job there can be easier with expert advice. Finding the right jobs in Palm Beach Gardens can be simpler if you understand the average salaries, the job prospects and the local job market.
The Palm Beach Gardens area decreased in its unemployment between 2014 and 2015. The unemployment rate dropped from 5.4% down to 4.9%. This rate is lower than the national average of 5.3%. The two largest employment forces in the region are trade, transportation and utilities and professional and business services as determined by the 2015 Bureau of Labor statistics data. After these, the next largest three employers in the area are education and health services, leisure and hospitality and government. Professional and business services had a 6% increase in employment from 2014 to 2015. Office and administrative support occupations have the largest employment numbers in the area followed by sales and related occupations. The average weekly wages for jobs in Palm Beach Gardens is $991, which is lower than the national average of $1,046.
Create a strong resume is critical to communicating your skills to hiring manager. No matter to what industry you belong or your experience level and skills, the following factors will help you to improve the quality of your resume.
1. Do not include your high school education in your resume. This information will take the focus off your more important experiences.
2. Avoid using Microsoft Word templates that will not make your resume look original and distinctive.
3. Include multiple ways to contact you including email, phone and your address.
4. Focus on describing your accomplishments and not just your job responsibilities. Your accomplishments will show that you did your previous jobs well.
5. Make your resume sharp and focused. Avoid using long sentences or paragraphs that make it hard for a hiring manager to read your resume. It is important to realize that hiring managers will only generally have a minute or two to read your resume. Help them make the most of it.
It can be a challenge in any area in the United States to find the right job. The following points will help you to improve your strategy for finding the best jobs in Palm Beach Gardens.
1. Understand that you have options beyond your existing industry. You might feel very confident in your current industry, but you might find better paying jobs in a new industry.
2. Make a plan to carry you through the job search. Your job search could take time. Look into developing a plan to direct you through the process.
3. Discover job leads through a variety of resources including print, online and direct contact to employment sites. Taking advantage of all these resources increases the probability of getting more interviews.
4. Be positive throughout your search. It can be challenging to find a job, but your positive energy will help you keep up the momentum to find a great job.
5. Contact everyone in your current network to inquire about existing job opportunities.