Jobs in Palm Bay, FL
- 220,680 Resumes
- 2,380 Jobs Available
- 105,838 Population
- $64,000 Average Salary
Coastal “All American City,” Palm Bay is Central Florida's second-largest city. It is midway between Miami and Orlando, with diverse business/job (technology and manufacturing), recreational, and entertainment opportunities. Palm Bay temps average between 85 to 90 degrees in summer and 50 to 60 degrees in the winter months. It is also the home of Eastern Florida State College located on Lake Titan, University of Central Florida, Webster University, Barry University, and the Florida Institute of Technology (FIT).Palm Bay offers scenic roadways, waterfronts and lagoons, and a variety of outdoor activities including, golf, hiking, walking, off-road biking, kayaking, camping, bird-watching, and fishing. Palm Bay comprises a portion of (72 miles of) Space Coast (Atlantic coast) beaches. The city hosts a variety of events (music and art) and festivals, dining (cafes, restaurants, bistros), and entertainment. It also offers numerous regional and city parks (many with paintball and skateboarding), an aquatic center, and a Turkey Creek Sanctuary.It is essential to know the local job market, job prospects, and average salaries when you’re looking for employment in the Palm Bay area. Full-time and part-time work may be found at the city offices, universities/colleges and local school district, retail, and healthcare facilities.
The Palm Bay, FL area is included in the Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area and Brevard County. It has a Sep 2015 unemployment rate of 5.6 percent. This is down from 6.7 percent in Sep 2014. However, it remains higher than the 5.2 percent national average as well as the 5.2 percent state average (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).Palm Bay employment has been concentrated in sales and related, food preparation and serving related, and office and administrative support sectors. As of May 2014, occupations employing the most workers in the Palm Bay area were: 1.Retail salespersons2.Food preparation and serving related (including fast food)3.Cashiers4.Waiters and waitresses5.Customer service representativesThe top performing industries in the Palm Bay area (per percent of total employment), include:1.Office and administrative support occupations (16.0 percent)2.Sales and related occupations (11.9 percent) 3.Food preparation and serving related occupations (11.2 percent) 4.Healthcare practitioner and technical occupations (6.8 percent)5.Business and financial operations occupations (5.0 percent) Palm Bay employment was significantly higher (May 2014) in food preparation and serving related, architecture and engineering, and sales and related sectors. Conversely, Palm Bay employment sectors of production, transportation and material moving, and management are significantly lower than the national averages. In addition to the City of Palm Bay, local universities and colleges, and the Brevard County School Board, the largest employers in the Palm Bay area include, the Harris Corporation (manufacturer), Intersil (global semiconductor), Palm Bay Hospital (owned by Health First), and WalMart (retailer).
Submit a cover letter with your resume to the employer online. They may also be included as attachments to a formal employer’s job application. The completeness of your resume will determine if you will be invited to interview. Your resume is also used as a post-interview reference for the recruiter. It also helps justify the hiring decision. To be effective, resumes must include basic criteria that is focused, concise, and neatly formatted, and includes a keyword summary and a skills and accomplishments list. Your resume must contain your:
• Contact information (phone, cell, email)
• Qualifications and Keyword Summary, Licenses and Certifications, Affiliations and Memberships, Military Service, Language Proficiencies, and “References Available Upon Request. ”Chronologically list all entries, from most recent to least recent. Entries should not be exaggerated or embellished. Check for typos and misspelled words. DO NOT INCLUDE personal information such as height/weight, age, date/place of birth, marital status, gender, ethnicity, social security number, or photo.
To simplify your Palm Bay job search,
• Keep your skills and knowledge of your industry in your local area current.
• Take skills refresher courses, read current industry reports and professional publications, and browse online job banks.
• Network online through Linkedin, Facebook, etc. , professional and community associations, and local job-hunt groups and job fairs websites.
• Include keyword links to your resume, blog, Facebook/Linkedin profile, etc.
• Circulate your resume via Twitter.
• Utilize ALL available job search resources.
• Search beyond job boards (Recruiters also check social media sites for candidates).
• Keep your network information and resume current. Keep your resume and reference lists current.
• Follow up on leads.