Jobs in Pacifica, CA
- 383,714 Resumes
- 41,031 Jobs Available
- 39,088 Population
- $83,000 Average Salary
Pacifica is located in San Mateo County, which is part of the larger San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward metropolitan statistical area. Residents have access to a multitude of occupations within this statistical area. It is one of 16 cities within San Mateo County and had a population of 37,234 as of the 2010 census. Learn more information about job prospects, wages, and other economic outlooks that will assist you on your mission to find jobs in Pacifica.
The San Francisco area, which includes Pacifica, has seen positive changes in economic activity. For example, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate in San Mateo County fell from 4.0 percent to 3.2 percent between October 2014 and October 2015. This is well below the national average unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The industry in the San Francisco area that employs the biggest number of people is the professional and business sector. The trade and transportation sector is the second highest employer followed by education and health services and government. The occupations with the most workers in the San Francisco-San Mateo-Redwood City metropolitan division are retail salespersons, office clerks, and janitors and cleaners¬–excluding housekeeping cleaners and maids. The average weekly wage in the same metropolitan division is higher than the national average of 1,048 at $1,333.
An important key to finding jobs in Pacifica is having a great resume. No matter how experienced you are with job hunting it's a good idea to keep some basic do's and don'ts in mind.
1. Fix spelling and grammar mistakes. There is no room for mistakes when it comes to your resume. Proofreading and editing will make your resume professional and presentable.
2. Use a template but don't be restricted by it. Many templates are out there that can get you started but they can look clunky or unoriginal. Fiddle around with the layout settings to give it a personal touch that will make you stand out.
3. Organize things in order of importance. Whether you list education or experience first depends on what is most relevant to the job you are applying for. Always be sure to list your jobs in reverse chronological order.
4. Keep it short. For the typical applicant you should keep it to one page or two pages maximum. If you have to use a curricula vitae to show your accomplishments then it is acceptable to go over two pages.
5. Consider including a Summary of Qualifications. This should be a bullet point or small paragraph that summarizes who you are and why you're qualified for the job. This helps employers get a quick idea of your experience.
If you want to find jobs in Pacifica you need to work on your job-hunting skills. Taking these tips into account will assist you in achieving your goals of finding a job in your field.
1. Network online. Social media plays a big role in finding jobs in this day and age. Utilizing professional networking websites like LinkedIn and Monster will give you an edge in finding your desired job.
2. Network in person. Even with the emerging importance of a strong online presence, you can't neglect the value of face-to-face conversation. This can be done in many ways such as submitting applications on site or attending job fairs.
3. Perform research on local companies in your field. Doing some simple searches may lead you to finding companies you want to work for. Once you find a company you can often apply for open positions on their website.
4. Follow up with all of your leads. Staying persistent and keeping in touch in an appropriate timeframe will show the employer that you are interested above the rest of the applicants.
5. Keep your attitude positive. The job market can be tough sometimes but it's helpful to remain optimistic and take responsibility. Optimism goes a long way in boosting your confidence and helping you bounce back from any setbacks.