Jobs in Owasso, OK
- 755,838 Resumes
- 6,526 Jobs Available
- 33,773 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Owasso, Oklahoma, sits in both Rogers and Tulsa counties. This Tulsa suburb is where some scenes from the movie The Outsiders were filmed. As you search for jobs in Owasso, you need to learn more about the economic state than fun trivia facts. Gather introductory information related to the job market, job prospects, finding jobs and common salary statistics.
The overall job market of Rogers and Tulsa counties is quite promising. The unemployment rate in Tulsa County is 4.0 percent, in Rogers County is 4.3 percent and in the United States is 5.3 percent. The top five performing industries are trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; government; professional and business services; and manufacturing. The construction industry has grown by 11.1 percent over the past year. The largest occupations include retail salespersons, customer care representatives, cashiers and office clerks. The average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048, but in Tulsa and Rogers counties it is only $868.
Your resume is one of the most critical parts of your entire job search. Employers see this as your calling card and often get their first impression of you through it. Use these tips to ensure you build a document that will help you find jobs in Owasso:
1. Proofread your resume carefully. There are a few common resume writing rules that can be broken, but you should always make sure your resume is truthful and error free.
2. Think about the purpose of a resume as you write your resume. The purpose typically is to get a job interview and remind the interviewer of your strengths after you’re gone.
3. Create more than one version of your resume. Try to create your resume with the employer in mind, which means you will likely need different versions for each job you apply to.
4. Try to include a specific focus throughout your resume by considering appearance and highlighting keywords, transferrable skills and accomplishments.
5. Always include your name, address, email address, phone number, experience and education on your resume.
Finding jobs in Owasso requires many of the same techniques as finding jobs elsewhere in the country. You can use these tips to ensure that you take the right actions throughout your job search:
1. Take initiative. It’s good to reach out to your network, be creative in your communication with hiring managers and to be persistent. However, you want to be careful to still be polite. The hiring manager is the one running the interview process, and you should remember that. Take initiative and be persistent, but do so in a non-aggressive and polite way.
2. Go in person when it’s right. It can be a huge benefit to go meet the hiring manager in person. However, you have to consider their schedule and their interview process. Drop off your resume in person, but realize that you may have to just leave it with the secretary.
3. Research the company. Knowing a thing or two about the company that you are trying to get a job with can help a lot during the interview process. You don’t necessarily need to be an obsessed fan, but it is important that you’re not ignorant about what the company does. Not only will this research help you in an interview situation, but it can also help you figure out which companies you actually want to work for.
4. Present yourself well. When you look for jobs in Owasso, it is important that you think about how you present yourself. You want to be honest throughout your interview and in your resume, but you also want to show the best side of yourself. This means that you’re going to dress well, watch your language, listen to the interviewer and edit the controversial information out of your social media.
5. Look for leads. You’re never going to find jobs if you sit with your head in the sand. Talk to people in your network, scour online job posting sites, look at company websites, read the newspaper and go to job fairs. The more places you look, the better your chances of finding a great opportunity are.