Jobs in Ossining, NY
- 755,838 Resumes
- 24,213 Jobs Available
- 38,214 Population
- $69,000 Average Salary
Ossining is known for being home to New York’s Sing Sing prison. It is about one hour north of New York City and its many historical and cultural assets and is located in Westchester County. Despite its access to world-class amenities, if you are looking for jobs in Ossining, you will want to know more about its economic outlook. Read more for information about the city’s job market and prospects, as well as its average salaries.
The New York City area has made strong gains economically. The city itself experienced a drop in its unemployment rate, from 6.6% to 4.7%. Other cities in the region have fared even better, with unemployment rates hovering around 4.2%. The national rate is 5.3%. The top industries in the area are education and health services, government and trade, transportation and utilities. The leisure and hospitality sector saw the biggest change in jobs over the year, with a drop of over 18%. The largest occupations in the area are retail salespersons and general office clerks. The average weekly wages are $1,601, which includes New York City wages. The national average is $1,048.
Your resume is key to your successful search for jobs in Ossining. There are a few rules that hold true to make sure your resume makes the right impression, no matter what industry you are in, what stage of your career you are in or whatever your career goals.
1. Accuracy is crucial. Not only should your resume be free of any errors, it should also be accurate in terms of your experience and skills.
2. Making sure your resume is easy to read will help in your hunt for jobs in Ossining. Don’t overload your resume onto one page if it can easily fill two. Stick with font that is professional and easy to read, use bulleted lists and align your text to the left.
3. Think about the various ways your resume might be read. In addition to your standard format, it is a good idea to have a text version of your resume and also one that it viewable on a smart device.
4. Incorporate keywords for your industry in your resume to help employers identify and recognize your qualifications.
5. Target your resume to the job you want. If you are looking for multiple jobs in Ossining, tailor your resume to create several versions if necessary.
Finding jobs in Ossining and other US cities can be made less stressful by taking the right actions. The following information will help make your job search easier.
1. Networking can help to find jobs that you may not otherwise hear about and can give you inside information that will help you position yourself for success with certain opportunities. You can start your networking by talking to people you know, also go to industry events and start conversations with others in the business.
2. Networking can build your job leads, but it’s not the only place you should look. Job boards, employment resource centers and job fairs can also bring in leads. Utilizing all of your resources gives you the best chance for success when looking for jobs in Ossining.
3. Research is your friend in your search. Knowing what opportunities are available in your field can open up opportunities that will help you attain your career goals. Keeping an open mind about other positions and even self-employment can help you gain experience and get your foot in the door in an industry.
4. Polish up your online presence. You can use the fact that employers often use social media to prescreen their applicants to your advantage. Make your profile professional and demonstrate your interest and expertise by posting articles about your industry.
5. Be persistent in your search. Follow up on your leads and your applications.