Jobs in Oakley, CA
- 357,755 Resumes
- 18,423 Jobs Available
- 39,224 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
The city of Oakley, California is located in Contra Costa County, which is in the San Francisco Bay Area. Oakley is a suburb 43 miles east of Oakland and 52 miles east of San Francisco. It has a population of about 35,432 residents, according to the 2010 U.S. Census. Oakley is considered part of the Oakland-Fremont-Hayward, Calif. Metropolitan Division. Get a look into the economic outlook, including job prospects and average salaries, which can help uncover jobs in Oakley.
Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in Oakley declined from 7.3 percent to 5.9 percent, which is higher than the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the office and administrative support sector employs the largest number of people in the Oakland-Fremont-Hayward, Calif. Metropolitan Division. The second highest area of employment is the sales and related occupations sector, followed by food preparation and serving-related occupations. The largest occupations in the Oakland-Fremont-Hayward, Calif. Metropolitan Division are led by retail salespersons, followed immediately by cashiers. The average weekly wage in the Oakland-Fremont-Hayward, Calif. Metropolitan Division is $1,161, which is more the average weekly wage in the United States, which is $1,048.
When it comes to tracking jobs in Oakley, your resume is your calling card. Use the advice below to make it attention-grabbing.
1. Communicate what you have to offer concisely and quickly. Offer only relevant information. Omit information such as your participation as a coach on your child’s soccer team or being the manager of your church’s bake sale.
2. Use your transferable skills as your main selling point. These are important skills that will always be valuable across different fields and jobs, such as communication and critical thinking.
3. Highlight your accomplishments. Some examples include how you saved time and money by introducing a new process or procedure or how you brought in new business and generated revenue.
4. Make sure to use keywords effectively. These words are search terms that employers use look for in an applicant. Some examples include job title, business functions, responsibilities, skills, names of companies and universities.
5. Do not forget to include your contact information on your resume. The required information includes your city, state, a single phone number, and a single email address. You may wish to omit your street address due to identity theft and privacy concerns.
Finding jobs in Oakley takes a mixture of using job-seeking tips and having a positive attitude. The following advice can help you score your next position in the current job market.
1. Be proactive and persistent in your job search. Arranging informational interviews helps you learn more about a company or a job. Keeping in touch with potential employers where you’ve applied for a position or had an interview is a great way to show your interest.
2. Have your job search plan ready. Be prepared for the long haul and have the attitude that you will search for the right job, no matter how long it takes. Use all available digital and traditional resources, from online websites and job search tools to print newspaper ads and in-person job fairs.
3. Attend job search training sessions hosted by local support groups, job clubs, or libraries. Take assessment tests to help identify your career interests and skills. After you’ve narrowed your choices, you are ready to prepare a focused resume.
4. Networking is critical. Contact all your connections, including your friends, family, neighbors, and former colleagues and college classmates. Also use social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to let everyone in your social networks know that you what type of job you are seeking.
5. Keep positive and stay in contact with trusted people to discuss your feelings and concerns during your job search. Reduce stress by exercising and participating in activities you enjoy. Make sure to eat healthy and sleep well.