Jobs in Oakdale, MN
- 46,767 Resumes
- 19,072 Jobs Available
- 28,033 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Oakdale is a suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota. The city is home to Imation World, and the 3M headquarters are also close to the city. Oakdale is known for its 28 parks that offer many recreational activities. If you are looking for jobs in Oakdale, Minnesota, you might be interested in learning more about the job market in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, including average wages and unemployment.
In the Minneapolis-St. Paul area the average weekly wage is $1,064, which is slightly higher than the national average at $1,048. Unemployment also stacks up good against the national average with this area at 2.7% and the national average at 5.3%. As you look for jobs in Oakdale, Minnesota, you will want to consider both the top industries and the top occupations. The top industries include trade, transportation and utilities, education and health services, professional and business services, government, and manufacturing. There weren’t any big changes in these industries with only minor job loss and slight job growth. The top occupations in the area are retail salespersons, personal care aides, customer service representatives, food preparation and serving workers, and office clerks.
Employers rely a lot on your resume to tell them about who you are and what you can bring to the table. When you are looking for jobs in Oakdale, Minnesota, you need to make sure that your resume is solid and ready to go. Here are some tips to help you create a winning resume.
1. Make sure your resume is updated. Don’t use a resume from ten years ago. It won’t have your most recent experience and chances are it won’t follow the format that most employers now prefer. A lot has changed, so you will need to give your resume an overhaul if it is more than five years old.
2. Keep your resume brief. One page is ideal. Two pages is okay. However, don’t go over two pages if at all possible. You can cut jobs that were more than ten years ago to help keep the length down.
3. Focus your resume of your main goal. If you are trying to secure a job in banking, then make sure that everything on your resume is showing your skills and experience as they relate to banking.
4. Avoid making up your own formats. You want your resume to be easy to read. This means following standard formatting when you put it together. Getting creative could make your resume hard to navigate.
5. Don’t forget to include your contact information. You want to provide at least a phone number and email address so that when an employer wants to offer you the job, they know how to get a hold of you.
Finding jobs in Oakdale, Minnesota, can be a challenge, just like anywhere else. While there are no guarantees, there are some things that you can do that will make the whole job hunting process much easier.
1. Use your network. Contact people you know and spread the word that you are looking for jobs in Oakdale, Minnesota.
2. Keep trying no matter what happens. Even if you keep getting told “no,” you have to keep moving forward and keep your eye on the end goal. Eventually, someone will say “yes. ”
3. Use your local job services office. These offices are usually very helpful when it comes to finding job leads and preparing for interviews.
4. Make sure you have a solid social media presence. Being involved in social media will help you get leads on jobs and make you easier for prospective employers to find.
5. Be in charge of your job search. Don’t rely on others to help you. Take the steps you need to be in control and be responsible for the search. Stay focused and treat it seriously.