Jobs in Nutley Township, NJ
- 90,600 Jobs Available
- 28,700 Population
- $78,000 Average Salary
Located in eastern New Jersey, Nutley is a township that benefits from being only eight miles north of Newark, and sixteen miles from New York City. In 2010, the U.S. Census listed the population of this community at 28,370. Read more about the economic outlook and opportunities for jobs in Nutley Township.
Nutley Township is in Essex County, NJ, where the economic growth of the region continues to benefit the residents of this area in greater metropolitan New York City. The latest unemployment rates from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics show a decrease of a full percentage point in the Newark division from 2014 to 2015 reporting 5.9 percent down to 4.9 percent by October 2015. This is lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The largest areas of employment come from trade, transportation and utilities, followed by professional and business services. The largest amount of jobs are in office and administrative support in the Nutley Township and Newark areas. Jobs in sales and related positions make up 9.9 percent of employment. The average weekly wages vary greatly with the counties surrounding Newark, with many being much higher than the national average. Essex County comes in at $1,359, quite a bit higher than the national average of $1,048.
Your resume continues to be your most important document in your job search. When looking for jobs in Nutley Township, follow these do’s and don’ts to make your search more efficient and successful.
1. Do think about including a “Summary of Qualifications” or “Profile” section that can enhance the focus of your resume. This gives hiring managers a quick understanding of who you are and what you can do for their company.
2. Don’t emphasize older experience on your resume. Jobs fifteen years or older can be included, but should be simple statements and can even be listed under a section titled “Previous Professional Experience. ”
3. Do consider using a bulleted format for your resume. Bullets utilizing industry and job keywords are very effective and catch the attention of potential employers and online resume screening programs.
4. Don’t include hobbies or other irrelevant information. These can be distracting and are considered as just fillers.
5. Do list your jobs to convey the most impact: Title/position, name of employer, city/state of employer, dates of employment.
Finding jobs in Nutley Township requires a full set of job-seeking skills with a determination to succeed. Read more and follow these tips to begin the next step in fulfilling your career goals.
1. Set up weekly goals for your job applications and submitted resumes. Keeping track of these in a file folder or in a notebook will help you to maintain positivity throughout your job search.
2. Communicate with someone every day about your job search. Whether it is online or at a job fair or even a personal event, new job opportunities are out there—showcasing your skills to the widest audience possible will make your search more efficient.
3. Polish your interview skills. You should not only research your potential employer well, but you should also practice appropriate eye contact and body language to make a good impression on hiring managers.
4. Be creative with your job search. Scrutinize your skill set and be open to crossing to new industries. Many times, your talents can launch new careers in industries you have previously not considered.
5. Make sure your resume is the best that it can be to garner the attention of potential employers. Errors or poor formatting can knock you out of the competition quickly.