Jobs in North Miami, FL
- 229,528 Resumes
- 14,453 Jobs Available
- 61,420 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
North Miami, Florida, sits on Biscayne Bay in Miami-Dade County just ten miles north of Miami. It is home to Oleta River State Park, which happens to be the state’s largest urban park. This information is not nearly as important as the area’s economic outlook as you search for jobs in North Miami. You need to learn about the job market, career advice and even data related to salaries in the area.
The current job market in North Miami is very competitive. The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent while the unemployment rate in Miami-Dade County is 5.9 percent. The top five performing industries are professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, financial activities, construction and education and health services. These industries have grown by an average 3.1 percent over the past year. The largest occupations are retail salesperson and cashier. The average weekly salary in the entire United States is $1,048, but in Miami-Dade County it is slightly less at $982.
Creating a standout resume can help you find jobs in North Miami. Use these tips to create a document that will catch the eye of potential employers:
1. Focus on the reader by including information that is important to the employer, such as your past experience, the skills you have and the personality traits that make you right for the job.
2. Create a reader-friendly document by focusing on format, using headers, keeping the text flushed to the left and using no more than two different fonts.
3. Discuss your experience in terms of accomplishments rather than day-to-day duties to keep it from sounding like a job description.
4. Include plenty of contact information, such as a website, the city and state you live in, a phone number and an email address.
5. Include metrics when possible to help set yourself apart from other candidates and give the hiring manager an easy way to compare you to your peers.
Finding jobs in North Miami is not always easy. Follow these five tips to make the process go a little smoother:
1. Turn to your network. Talk to people in your network to find out about job opportunities, get in touch with hiring managers and learn more about the job market through informational interviews.
2. Do some leg work. In order to successfully find a job, you have to do some work before you start. Figure out what sort of positions you want to apply for. Do some research regarding the job market, resume writing and the interview process. Come up with an organizational plan. Properly preparing before you start can make a huge difference in your search.
3. Be persistent. Because the process can take so long, it is easy for jobseekers to stop following up on leads. Make sure to always communicate with potential employers until you get a definitive answer about the job in question.
4. Use the Internet. There are a lot of tools available to you online. You can look at job positing sites and company websites to find out about opportunities. You can use social media to connect to potential employers. You can even use online interview and resume writing guides.
5. Really consider your options. Many people looking for jobs in North Miami forget to consider all of their options. You can either get a similar job in the same industry, get a different job in the same industry, get a similar job in a different industry or get a different job in different industry. Consider your skills and what you like to do as you try to decide which of these options is best for you.