Jobs in North Miami Beach, FL
- 222,435 Resumes
- 13,514 Jobs Available
- 43,664 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Located in the booming area of greater Miami, North Miami Beach covers 5.3 square miles in Dade County, Florida. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the population was listed at 41,523. The vicinity has a number of beaches and is known for its ethnic diversity. Read more below about the economic outlook and opportunities for jobs in North Miami Beach.
The community of North Miami Beach and surrounding areas have shown a steady decline in unemployment rates in the last year. It decreased a full percentage point from 6.5% in June of 2015 to 5.5% in November as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is just barely above the national average of 5.3%. North Miami Beach and the metropolitan area list the highest sector of employment in the professional and business services areas which had an increase of 4.8% from September 2014 to September 2015. The largest occupations are office and administrative support, followed by sales and related positions. Located in Dade County, the city has an average weekly wage of $982 that is just a little below the national average of $1,048.
Ensuring that your resume is the best that it can be is the key to presenting yourself to your future employer with confidence. This is a necessary tool to help you land jobs in North Miami Beach. Consider these tips to produce an excellent resume.
1. Think in terms of accomplishments, not duties, when constructing your resume. This portrays effectiveness and leadership qualities.
2. Use standard formatting and not justified text blocks. These can create odd spaces between words and appear unprofessional.
3. If you have a lot of experience, the rule of one-page resumes is not hard and fast. But make sure you are concise and do not go over two pages.
4. It is a common mistake to forget to put locations of past jobs. Include this information on each job on your resume.
5. Consider a bulleted style. This can really focus the eyes of potential employers on exactly what you can do for their company.
Honing your job searching skills to a sharp focus will make your effort to find jobs in North Miami Beach easier and more effective. Follow these tips to move your career to the next level.
1. Diversify your job search as much as possible. Utilize a variety of online job banks and don’t be afraid to cross industries. Your skill set could be transferable to types of companies with whom you have not yet had experience. This could open many doors.
2. Make an organized plan. Construct a file on your computer, or the old-fashioned way, to keep track of your applications. This will not only help you with timely follow-up, but it will also help you to maintain positivity by visually seeing the evidence of your efforts.
3. Take advantage of the business social media sites. LinkedIn is a very popular avenue for many people to find jobs and connect with desirable companies.
4. Strengthen your skill set by short term training like certifications. This can be highly useful for many fields to ensure you are as competitive as possible.
5. Network every day. Either online or in person, it is important to make people aware of your individual talents to get the word out and step to the next level of your career.