Jobs in North Hempstead, NY
- 162,558 Resumes
- 131,451 Jobs Available
- 229,637 Population
- $81,000 Average Salary
North Hempstead, New York, has a rich American history behind it. Once part of the larger town of Hempstead, North Hempstead was split off after the American Revolution due to conflicting views of the revolution. A rich cultural heritage is great, but it is going to take a little more knowledge than that to find the perfect job in North Hempstead. This article will shed some a light on things such as weekly and annual wages, unemployment figures, and the overall local job market of the area.
The residents of North Hempstead enjoy a job market that is very similar to that of the rest of the country. Weekly wages are around $1,100, which is just slightly above the national average. The unemployment rate reflects this slightly above average wage by being just below the rest of the nation around 4.5%. Some of the top industries in Nassau County are leisure and hospitality, education and health, business services, government, and trade and utilities; with education and health services having the highest growth in the area over the past year. Among the most populated occupations in the area are retail sales, administrative assistants, office clerks, cashiers, and janitorial services.
Like we said earlier, your resume can be the most important tool you have available in your next job search. Always research the industry preferences for your desired position as attitudes may change over time, but here are some tried-and-true resume tips for everyone
1. Thicker paper stock can show that you are more serious about your career. This is not always the case, but studies show it is becoming a more common attitude.
2. Do not make too many copies of your resume. As you will likely be updating your resume as you hunt, you don't want to end up with a bunch of outdated resumes for the recycle bin.
3. If you have to use snail-mail as a delivery method, be sure to use a large envelope and never fold your resume. This shows more professionalism and simply looks better.
4. To ensure you have covered all the recommended or required information on your resume, use any of the wide variety of online tools and mobile apps available. There are plenty of checklists and other tools available to job seekers these days.
5. In some cases, hiring a professional resume writer may be the best course of action, depending on your personal skill set.
While North Hempstead may be different than other areas of the nation in terms of rich, cultural history, when it comes to job hunting, there are some things you can do in any job market to be more successful:
1. Keep a positive and hopeful attitude. A modern job search is different than those of the past. In today's competitive marketplace, a job search can last much longer and be more stressful than you remembered. The best way to be successful is to keep your chin up and stay positive.
2. Think before you hunt. The competition is fierce with today's economy, and the best way you can get a leg up is by making a plan of attack before you get out there. Do a little research on job markets, local economies, and resume tips.
3. This job search can be your ticket to a whole new life. Now that you know a little about the job market in North Hempstead, you begin to weigh out your future options. You may love what you do and want to stick with it. Maybe, you love the industry you're in, but want to find a new position. The time may have come for you to switch industries and positions altogether.
4. No matter which life path you decide on, be sure you speak and network with others in that field. Strengthen the contacts you already have and use other avenues to form new connections.
5. The most important tool in the job seeker's toolbox is a well-polished resume. Take out your old one and brush it up, or even throw it away and start fresh. Starting from scratch can often bring a fresh perspective and outlook.