Jobs in North Attleborough, MA
- 13,916 Jobs Available
- 28,908 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
North Attleborough, also known as North Attleboro, is a town in Bristol County, Massachusetts. It rests on the border between Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Officially incorporated as a town in 1887, North Attleborough ranked in 2006 as one of the top ten communities in the country for professional sports. It has been listed as one of the safest and most affordable places to raise a family. See what it’s like looking for jobs in North Attleborough by checking out labor statistics and information on wages and employment.
Bristol County falls within the Providence area as designated by the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics. In twelve months, the area has seen its unemployment rates change from 6.3 percent to 4.9 percent, dropping below the national rate of 5.3 percent. The largest employment sector in the area is education and health services, and trade, transportation, and utilities makes up the next largest. Retail salespersons are the most frequently found worker in the area, and cashiers also hold a large percentage of the jobs in North Attleborough. The weekly average wage in the area is $911, an amount lower than the national average, which is $1,048 per week.
Finding jobs in North Attleborough isn’t as simple as just walking in someplace and saying “I’m here to help. ” You have to have a resume that effectively showcases what it is you’re going to be bringing to the table. This brief guide will help you write the best resume.
1. Don’t use justified text blocks in your resume. They create awkward and uneven alignment. Instead, use the more consistent left-aligned spacing.
2. Make sure to list your jobs in your experience section in reverse chronological order. Start with the most recent or current job.
3. Try to keep things recent and relevant. Experience that is more than 15 years prior should only be included if it is highly relevant or contains an outstanding accomplishment or qualification.
4. If you have completed some college education, you do not need to include that you graduated high school or received a GED.
5. If you don’t have a lot of work experience, think of other types of experience. Volunteer work, special projects, and extended training programs such as internships can all be excellent sources of experience.
It can take some time to find jobs in North Attleborough, but with patience and persistence you will surely come across the right fit. These job searching strategies are from the experts, and they are meant to help you along in this process.
1. Your social media presence should not make you seem any less appealing as a job candidate. As you apply for jobs, remember that employers check social media nowadays.
2. On a similar note, you can use social media to boost your chances at finding a job, by getting involved with interest groups and making relevant posts.
3. Look for in-person ways to network as well, such as job clubs, your local American Job Center, and your local public library.
4. If you aren’t sure where you want to apply yourself, you might find a personal assessment helpful. These examinations can reveal some of your skills, interests, and aptitudes.
5. Don’t forget to do your own research on potential employers, especially if you get offered a job. The choice you make is something you must be responsible for, both now and a long way down the road.