Jobs in Niles, IL
- 160 Resumes
- 53,516 Jobs Available
- 30,000 Population
- $69,000 Average Salary
Located in Cook County and with a population of over 28,000 residents is the city of Niles, Illinois. Niles is a village in the Niles and Main townships, and it was first settled in the 1800s. The village is almost 6 square miles, and it is located south of the major city of Chicago. If you are looking for jobs in Niles, then the following information will provide you with an in depth look at the local economy, top jobs in the area, and prospective salaries.
Niles is part of the Chicago region, and this area has experienced positive economic results during the last year. Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in Cook County dropped from 6.1 percent to 5.5 percent. This figure is still slightly higher than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. Accordingly to the 2015 data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top sectors in the Chicago area are trade, transportation, and utilities, professional and business services, education and health services, government, and leisure and hospitality. The largest occupations in the Chicago area include retail salespersons, hand laborers, office clerks, cashiers, and customer service representatives. The average weekly wage in the Chicago area is $1062. This figure is a little higher than the national weekly wage average of $1048.
Part of searching for jobs in Niles involves creating an appealing resume. Your resume should identify the reasons you are right for the job, so you are more likely to land an interview. To help you create the best resume, use the following tips.
1. Avoid long paragraphs and unorganized texts. Instead, create a scannable resume with lists, bullet points, sections, and bolded text. Use a resume template to help you.
2. List your most recent job at the top of the experience section. Other jobs and relevant experience should be listed below in chronological order.
3. Include your contact information (city, state, phone number, email address) on the resume. Most templates provide a header where you can input these details.
4. Quantify your accomplishments whenever possible. For example, include details about sales percentage increases, rankings, or large value contracts.
5. The first section on your resume should highlight your top skills and accomplishments. This allows you to sell yourself as a job candidate.
If you want to find jobs in Niles, it is important to fine-tune your job seeking skills and work hard. With effort, you should be able to find the right job for your needs. To help you during your search, use the following tips.
1. Network. Take advantage of opportunities where you can interact with others face to face. Ask them for advice or if they are aware of any job openings. Also, make sure to stay active on social media sites like LinkedIn. Through your efforts, you might be able to identify new opportunities for employment.
2. Plan for success. Determine what you need to do everyday in order to find a job. Set goals to help you stay on track. When you are planning, think outside of the box. Different tactics may generate better results with your job search.
3. Follow up regularly. Consistent follow up is one of the best ways to communicate your interest in a job, and it ensures that you are not forgotten. You can follow up about a specific opportunity until you receive a definitive “no. ”
4. Determine your options. Depending on your background, education, and skills, you may be qualified for a variety of jobs. Most people find jobs in the same industry where they previously worked. However, there may be opportunities elsewhere.
5. Stay positive. It can be discouraging to look for a job, but you are not alone. A positive attitude will help you stay strong mentally and impress the people you interview with.