Jobs in Nicholasville, KY
- 38,359 Resumes
- 3,818 Jobs Available
- 29,097 Population
- $43,000 Average Salary
Less than a half hour south of Lexington is Nicholasville, Kentucky. With a staggering population increase of 380 percent reported over the last 40 years, the city has seen its fair share of development and growth. Much of this has accommodated commuters who travel to Lexington, but Nicholasville has become a notable destination in its own right. Popular shopping, dining and the annual Kentucky Wine & Vine Fest are just a few of the attractions. If you are on the hunt for employment, you can learn more about jobs in Nicholasville by researching the local economy and its average salary offerings.
Looking for jobs in Nicholasville and the greater Lexington area will reveal that the economy is favorable and there is growth in many of the top sectors. The unemployment rate comes in at 3.7 percent, below the national average of 5.3 percent. Though the top sector—mining, logging and construction—has seen a recent decrease in opportunities, all other top fields report growth. These fields include manufacturing, trade, transportation and utilities, information and financial activities. The most commonly held positions are retail salesperson, food prep workers and registered nurses, and the average weekly wages for all jobs total $873 compared to the national average of $1,048.
Jobs in Nicholasville will be a lot easier to find if you approach your search equipped with a great resume. For some ways to improve it, read the following advice.
1. Include your grade point average. This is especially important for recent grads. Omitting your grade point average for your diplomas will likely make an employer assume the worst, so including it is usually the best move.
2. Use professional contact information. Using an unprofessional personal email address is one of the most common and embarrassing mistakes you can make. Use an email that is a generic variation of your name.
3. Tailor to your field. A resume that is overly generic will fail to make an impact. You should make your resume relevant to each job you apply to, but you should also consider which elements of your experience are most relevant to the field you are seeking work in and highlight these abilities.
4. Follow the lead of other successful professionals. Asking to compare your resume with that of other successful professionals can help you see where you can make improvements.
5. Don’t rely on help too much. While tools like resume wizards, templates or coaches are all completely helpful, relying on these resources too much can diminish your resume’s ability to reflect you.
Looking for jobs in Nicholasville can be a challenge, but with the right strategy, you will be able to find a great position. Read the following ideas to get an advantage.
1. Keep up to date. Keeping yourself aware of the most recent developments in your field can help you scope out jobs and make an impression in interviews.
2. Practice different interview techniques. Companies may call you in for a traditional face-to-face interview, but they may also offer a virtual interview conducted over Skype or webcam. Prepare for these potential opportunities, too.
3. See how successful job seekers in your field found their positions. Networking with fellow job seekers is a great idea, but it can be even more helpful to connect professionals working in positions like the one you seek. Ask them how they snagged the job for interesting insight.
4. Look past LinkedIn. When it comes to social networking during your job search, LinkedIn is hardly the only platform you can utilize. You can also use Facebook and Twitter to broadcast your job search and pursue any leads.
5. Volunteer. To give yourself a break from constant applications and interviews, you can research opportunities to volunteer locally. If you are strategic, this can lead to job opportunities, and it can also look great on your resume.