Jobs in Newark, CA
- 1,366 Resumes
- 115,595 Jobs Available
- 44,723 Population
- $81,000 Average Salary
Located in the “Tri-City” area of Northern California and the southern end of the San Francisco Bay is the beautiful city of Newark, CA. This city has a population of nearly 45,000, and it is a relatively affluent part of the state. The area is part of the Silicone Valley, and there are a variety of jobs available. The following information will provide you with a more detailed picture of the economic outlook of Newark, including job prospects and average salaries, so you can find jobs in Newark area.
The San Francisco area, which includes Newark and Alameda County, has a positive economic outlook and many job opportunities. During 2014 and 2015, Alameda County experienced a decline in the unemployment rate, dropping from 5.5 percent to 4.5 percent. This figure is below the national unemployment rate of 5.3. In addition, the 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the largest sectors for employment in the region include professional and business services, trade, transportation, and utilities, education and health services, government, and leisure and hospitality. The largest occupations in the San Francisco area include retail salespersons, cashiers, office managers, and operations managers. The average weekly wages for San Francisco are $1669 compared to the United States weekly average wage of $1048.
Part of searching for jobs in Newark should involve creating an appealing resume. Your resume needs to stand out among the competition and highlight the reasons you are a great fit for the job. To create an award-winning resume, make sure to follow these “do’s” and “don’ts”
1. Do make the resume scannable and easy to read.
2. Don’t worry too much about a resume that is longer than one page; however, two pages should be the limit. If you are in academics or a doctor, then a long resume may be acceptable.
3. Do list your work experience by date, with the most recent job falling at the top of the resume.
4. Do create your own resume template, so that it looks different than others. While it can be tempting to use a standard template, this makes it harder for your resume to attract attention.
5. Don’t justify the text blocks in the resume because it creates odd spacing that makes it harder to read.
Finding jobs in Newark requires effort, a positive attitude, and job-seeking skills. The following tips can help you meet your goals and find the right job.
1. Network both in person and online. There are a variety of social media sites including LinkedIn that can help you connect with people and increase your interview opportunities. You can also learn more about the industry from these resources.
2. Do not give up. Hard work and persistence pays off during a job search, even in a recession. Sometimes you might need to think out of the box to find the right opportunity.
3. Consistent follow-up is one of the best ways to land an interview and attract the attention of a recruiter or hiring manager. As a rule of thumb, make sure to follow-up until you receive an affirmative “no. ” The more you follow up, the more likely you are to stand out among other applicants.
4. You are in charge of making things happen when it comes to your job search. Make sure that you communicate what you have to offer and express your goals and desires.
5. Prepare yourself mentally for interviews and networking opportunities. These are opportunities to sell your abilities and skills. Make sure you are alert and present during important scenarios. Eat a good meal prior to interviews and exercise if needed.