Jobs in New Lenox, IL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 2,503 Jobs Available
- 25,426 Population
- $71,000 Average Salary
New Lenox is a quickly-growing village in Illinois with much to offer its residents in the way of both enjoyment and employment opportunities. Its relatively close proximity to Chicago (only 35 miles) makes the area perfect for those who are looking to settle down somewhere peaceful, but still desire the easy access to the amenities of city life. However, before beginning to search for jobs in New Lenox, individuals should first take the time to learn a bit more about the job market, viable career options available in various fields and the average pay which employees can expect to earn. The following information can serve as a great starting point.
At a glance, the job market in New Lenox has both its ups and downs when it comes to the availability of employment and the pay provided by the opportunities. In November 2015, the unemployment rate of the Chicago area (which New Lenox is a part of) was estimated at 5.7 percent, which is slightly above the current United States national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The average weekly income which these jobs provide stands at $800 - $899, which is substantially beneath the national mean weekly pay of $1,048. The industries which are most prominent and which provide the most jobs in New Lenox are the trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, education and health services, government, leisure and hospitality and manufacturing (which saw a 1.7 percent decrease in job availability in 2015) industries. Among these categories, the most occupied jobs in New Lenox are retail salespersons, laborers and freight, stock and material movers, office clerks and cashiers.
Regardless of educational backgrounds or how much experience an applicant has, the most important part of opening up new opportunities is the creation of an exceptional resume. Though many individuals have preferences when it comes to certain aspects of a resume, there are some stylistic guides that remain the same. Keep these tips in mind when creating a resume for a search for jobs in New Lenox.
1. Always list included experience and education in reverse chronological order in order to ensure the visibility of the most relevant information.
2. Ensure that there are no mistakes regarding spelling or mechanics, as these can make an applicant appear sloppy, lazy or simply incompetent.
3. Include complete contact information and be sure that it sounds appropriate and professional, including voicemails and email addresses.
4. When formatting the resume, use an easy-to-read font (preferably sans-serif) and justify it to the left side of the page for the cleanest appearance.
5. Don’t be afraid to use a splash of color or unique layout to make a resume stand out. However, don’t overdo it and make the page look tacky or unprofessional.
Finding a job in the current economy can be a challenge, regardless of what city in the US the search is in. Thankfully, when searching for jobs in New Lenox there are plenty of steps anyone can take in order to make the process a little more productive and significantly less stressful.
1. Networking should be an applicant’s top priority. Whether it’s face-to-face interaction or online, building a reputation can make a huge difference.
2. Plan the approach to a job hunt. Unstructured attempts are oftentimes more stress-inducing and yield less quality results.
3. Do some research into companies when applying for a position. In an interview, this kind of initiative is often appreciated and makes a great first impression.
4. Always dress and behave professionally when meeting or speaking with anyone connected to the job opportunity, regardless of their position in the company.
5. Maintaining a strong online presence is a must in the modern job market. More and more, employers are pulling help from social media sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn.