Jobs in New Braunfels, TX
- 269,312 Resumes
- 2,961 Jobs Available
- 66,394 Population
- $53,000 Average Salary
As a city of over 66,000 residents that spans the area of both Comal and Guadalupe counties, the central Texas city of New Braunfels is great place to look for jobs within the San Antonio metropolitan area. With a major Wal-Mart distribution center, an independent public school system, and a well known waterpark and resort company amongst the top employers, there is plenty of opportunity. Read on to find out more about the career prospects and economic advantage to be had when looking for jobs in New Braunfels.
Because of the low unemployment rate in the area as well as the many booming industries of the region, New Braunfels has a good reputation for its employees, both current and future. Comal and Guadalupe counties have two unemployment rates of 3.5% and 3.7%, respectively, which are both much lower than the national average of 5.3%. The major industry employing a good many of those who hold jobs in New Braunfels is the trade, transportation, and utilities sector. This is closely followed by government. Education and health, professional and business services, and leisure and hospitality bring up the rear. Leisure and hospitality, in particular, continues to grow exponentially. The major occupations of New Braunfels fall into the categories of retail work, fast food preparation and service, and customer service. Overall, the San Antonio metropolitan area, which includes New Braunfels, has an average weekly pay rate of $914. This falls just under the national average of $1,048.
Preparing the right resume is like making an investment in the well-being of your future career. Pay attention to all the facets of building your own resume and presenting it to a potential employer, and see what a difference it makes.
1. Build your own resume. You know yourself best, and only you can best quantify and qualify your strengths and skills.
2. Don’t hand in your resume without having at least two pairs of eyes look over it first to catch mistakes and typos.
3. Consider using bullet points to make your resume super easy to read.
4. Divide your resume into specific sections, like education, professional experience, skills, awards, and references.
5. Use a template or online resume builder. Plugging your information into a format like this can make it look as good as it sounds.
Finding well-paying jobs in New Braunfels that match your level of skill is an art that takes time, patience, and serious motivation. Armed with these tools, along with the following expert job hunting tips, you will be rewarded for your efforts.
1. Attend support groups, job clubs, and other career oriented gatherings in your area. The motivation, networking opportunities, and positivity that you can gain from these is invaluable.
2. Do your research on potential employers. Before an interview, make sure that you have informed questions about your future employer just as they will have for you.
3. Use online job banks to your advantage. Most jobs in the digital age might not fall into your lap, but through the internet’s aggregating of employment possibilities you can find what you are looking for online.
4. Don’t forget about newspapers and bulletin boards. Even now, there are still jobs to be found in the classifieds section of local papers and publications.
5. Utilize the resources at your local American Job Center to help connect you with your perfect job. They have networks at their fingertips that you might not even be aware of.