Jobs in Neptune Township, NJ
- 88,303 Resumes
- 5,692 Jobs Available
- 27,721 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
Located by the Atlantic Ocean in Monmouth County, Neptune Township was named for the Roman God of water and is the birthplace of both Danny DeVito and Jack Nicholson. Residents looking for jobs in Neptune Township may also find employment in New York, Jersey City and Newark all of which are within 40 miles of the township. Access to three large metropolitan areas increases employment possibilities; however, knowledge of the overall job market, job prospects and average salaries in the area is also necessary for a successful search for jobs in Neptune Township. The following information provides that knowledge using U.S. Bureau of Labor economic information from major cities within commuting distance of Neptune Township.
Locating jobs in Neptune Township could prove challenging as the unemployment rate in this area hovers around 4.9 percent which is only .04 percent lower than the national rate of 5.3 percent. The top industries in this area include trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; government and education and health services. It is important to note that professional and business services saw a drop in employment of 2.4 percent while the other industries saw a 1-2 percent increase. The largest occupations are retail salespersons, cashiers, janitors, office clerks and registered nurses with an average weekly wage of $1,359 compared to a national average weekly wage of $1,048.
The first impression potential employers will have of you is your resume. On average, an employer will spend six seconds looking at each resume received. This is why creating a winning resume is so important to finding jobs in Neptune Township, to finding a job anywhere. Regardless of location, industry or career goals, there are definite do’s and don’ts when it comes to resume writing.
1. Do keep your resume to two pages or less so the important points can be absorbed in a six second perusal.
2. Don’t submit the same resume for every position. Tailor your resume to each job so you can show exactly what you can bring to a specific company and position.
3. Do proofread each resume carefully. Errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation reflect poorly on your professionalism and attention to detail.
4. Don’t lie. Not ever. Employers conduct sophisticated background checks and verifications; any falsehoods will be discovered.
5. Do use a distinctive design. Most applicants use standard word processing templates which means most resumes look alike. Varying the design will set your resume apart from the rest.
The same employment search techniques apply to finding jobs in Neptune Township as apply to finding jobs anywhere else. The following tips should help make your search less stressful and more productive.
1. Decide what you want to do. Do you want to stay in your current industry and occupation? Do you want a different industry but the same occupation? Do you want to change industry and occupation? Knowing this will help focus your search.
2. Set job search goals. Each day complete a certain task related to finding a job, such as submitting a certain number of resumes, following up on leads or polishing your skills.
3. Network! These days you have an almost endless supply of networking tools at your disposal. Talk to friends and colleagues, join professional organizations and use Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
4. Step away from the keyboard! Online job boards are great, but don’t forget the classifieds, employment agencies and job centers. These are great ways to broaden your search area.
5. Hone your interview skills with practice questions from the internet and through mock interviews at job centers and employment agencies.