Jobs in Neenah, WI
- 55,225 Resumes
- 4,547 Jobs Available
- 25,855 Population
- $50,000 Average Salary
On the banks of Lake Winnebago and the shores of Fox River, Neenah is a mid-sized city in Wisconsin's Winnebago County. The twin city of Menasha, Neenah is home to over 25,000 people as of the 2010 census. The city hosts factories, foundries and operations for both the paper and steel industry in the state, along with electronics manufacture and a glass art museum. To take advantage of all of these employment opportunities, everyone seeking jobs in Neenah should familiarize themselves with the area's employment market. Read on for an introduction to Neenah's average salaries, economic outlook, and other important information.
While the area's salaries average somewhat low, decent employment rates provide Neenah with a viable job market. The unemployment rate of the nearby Appleton area is 3.6 percent as of December 2015, down from 4.0 percent in 2014, and notably better than the national rate of 5.3 percent. Trade and transportation along with manufacturing are the strongest industries in the eastern Wisconsin area, followed by education and the business sectors. Government service positions are also on the rise, seeing a 10 percent increase since 2014. Customer service representatives are the major occupation in the Neenah area, with office clerks and retail salespeople making up the next largest group. The comparable average wages of Appleton are $783 a week, rather less than the national average of $1,048.
No hunt for jobs in Neenah is complete without a strong resume. Whatever your experience or your field of expertise, these tips will help you put together a resume sure to impress any potential employer.
1. Include complete contact information. While your full street address is unnecessary, your resume should have one phone number and one professional email address for potential employers to reach you.
2. Format appropriately. Use clearly legible fonts and simple section breaks for a more professional appearance, and stick to formal black and white for most industries. Look to resume templates online for guidance.
3. Use sections. By breaking information down into clear sections such as skills or certifications, you can highlight the details you most want a potential employer to notice.
4. Arrange long lists in columns. When listing skills or other short-form items, format your bullet points into double columns to make a more balanced appearance and keep the resume to a reasonable length.
5. Focus on your recent employment history. Your work experience section should include most full-time positions you've held, but don't go into too much detail about jobs more than fifteen or twenty years back. Your more recent career is of more interest to a future employer.
Finding jobs in Neenah can be a challenge for any applicant, but by following the guidelines below for conducting a successful job hunt, you'll be well on your way to landing meaningful employment.
1. Outline your plan of attack. Make a daily or weekly schedule of your intended job search tactics, which will help you stay on track and not get distracted.
2. Take assessment tests. Along with giving you clear metrics for your resume, assessments can also help identify skills and traits which may be applicable in different industries and positions.
3. Talk about your job search. Conversations with others in the field acts as networking, while discussing it with family and friends will give you the emotional support to keep going.
4. Get job search training. There are many strategies for searching for jobs in Neenah, and taking sessions or seminars focusing on possible methods can introduce you to avenues you may never have considered.
5. Be persistent. Once you're in touch with a potential employer, always follow up either in email or on the phone. Until you get a firm no, you may still have a chance, and proving your commitment can make a good impression.