Jobs in nacogdoches, TX
- 279,342 Resumes
- 974 Jobs Available
- 33,687 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Located in the Eastern Texas region, Nacogdoches is close to Beaumont and has a sister city of the same name in Louisiana. If you’re hunting for jobs in Nacogdoches, you should brush up on your knowledge of the local economy. Read on to learn more about job prospects and employment rates.
In 2015, the market for jobs in Nacogdoches and the nearby Beaumont area saw a net increase of 2.9 percent, resulting in the addition of 4,900 new jobs. The area’s unemployment rate is 6.8 percent, which is over a point higher than the national average of 5.3 percent. The year’s top performing occupations included mining, logging, construction, education and health. In particular, the mining, logging and construction industries saw a net increase of 12.9 percent and the addition of 2,700 new jobs to the area. However, Eastern Texas’ largest occupations are fast food service workers and general office clerks. The Beaumont area has an average weekly wage of $963 while the national average is $1,048.
Without questions, you’ll need a great resume to find jobs in Nacogdoches. Make sure your document meets current job market standards with these guidelines.
1. Customize your template. Templates are a great organizational aid and they don’t require you to have design knowledge to have a sleek resume. However, mix up the color scheme or other aspects of the template to give it a unique touch.
2. Use bullets instead of paragraphs. Except for the professional summary section, use bullets paired with short phrases to relay your professional details. This formatting choice is very easy to scan and glean information from in a quick glance.
3. Include a professional summary section at the top. Your professional summary section should be an overview of your professional skill sets, experience and desirable personal qualities. Use paragraph format, but stick to long phrases instead of full sentences.
4. Make your document is 1 or 2 pages. If your professional information takes up less than half of the second page, limit yourself to a single page document. Ideal candidates for 2 page resumes have either extensive experience or careers.
5. Include current contact information. You should have your city, state, one phone number and one email address at the top of your resume. Make sure you check these accounts often for messages.
To improve your search for jobs in Nacogdoches, you’ll need to take a few key actions. If you focus on the right steps like those below, you’ll start getting those interviews and be on your way to quality employment.
1. Make the most of your professional network. Reach out to your family members, friends and colleagues. Even contact your old internship pals. Ask them to keep you in mind for positions in your field and you might even get a few referrals or recommendations.
2. Find ways to stay positive. The job search can be a lengthy and challenging process, and the right attitude can be key to staying motivated. Take breaks when you need them and take care to always be polite and professional.
3. Follow up with all of your employment leads. Hiring managers in this competitive job market are overwhelmed with resumes from qualified individuals. Following up with your leads is a great way to stand out and show your dedication.
4. Devise a schedule you can stick to. Make goals for how many resumes and applications you’ll send out in a month. How many contacts do you want to make? How many leads do you want to find? Breaking the job search into smaller and more manageable tasks.
5. Look for leads everywhere. Whether you prefer print ads or online job forums, make sure you dig for employment opportunities everywhere. Especially if you are trying to access small or localized companies, look for localized sites and publications.