Jobs in Myrtle Beach, SC
- 50,312 Resumes
- 2,803 Jobs Available
- 29,992 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
The beautiful coastal city of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is home to over 27,000 residents and a top tourist destination. Every year, millions of people visit this area of the country in search of picturesque beaches and favorable weather. The Myrtle Beach economy is dominated by tourism, but there are other jobs available in this area. If you are looking for jobs in Myrtle Beach, then the following details about the economy, top jobs, and prospective salaries will be particularly helpful to you throughout your search.
Myrtle Beach is located north of the Charleston area, and this region has experienced positive economic results. Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate fell from 5.6 percent to 4.5 percent. This figure is now substantially lower than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The top economic sectors in the Charleston region include government, trade, transportation, and utilities, professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, and education and health services. The largest occupations in the Myrtle Beach area are retail salespersons, waiters and waitresses, cashiers, maids and housekeeping cleaners, and food preparation and serving workers. The average weekly wage in the Charleston area is $827. This figure is lower than the United States weekly wage average of $1048.
In order to find jobs in Myrtle Beach, it is important to create an appealing resume. This resume should identify your accomplishments and skills, so a prospective employer easily understands why you are a great fit for the job. To help you with your resume, use the following tips.
1. Create a resume that is easy to scan and read. Avoid lengthy paragraphs and large clumps of text. Instead, use sections, lists, bullet points, and bold tittles.
2. List your work experience in chronological order. The most previous job should be listed at the top. Any relevant volunteer work can be included in this section.
3. Avoid phrases like “duties included. ” The text of a resume should be action-oriented with words such as “developed,” “collaborated,” and “researched. ”
4. Always be honest on your resume. It can be tempting to lie in hopes of securing an interview, but the truth usually comes out.
5. Resumes can be more than one page, especially if you have a lot of work experience. It is best to limit the resume to two pages, unless you work in academics or are a doctor.
If you are looking for jobs in Myrtle Beach, then it is a good idea to develop your job seeking skills. These skills can help you maximize your opportunities and land a job. To help you as your search, use the following tips.
1. Take advantage of opportunities to network. You can attend in-person events, including career fairs and luncheons. You should also strive to maintain an active presence on social media sites like LinkedIn. These efforts can help you connect with others and discover new jobs.
2. Remain positive. Although there are many people unemployed, there are still jobs available. A positive attitude can help you during networking opportunities and interviews.
3. Follow up regularly. This is one of the best ways to communicate your interest in a job. Consistent follow up also ensures that you are on the mind of a prospective employer. You can follow up about a job until you receive a “no. ”
4. Plan for success. Determine what you need to do each day in order to find a job. Set goals and think outside of the box. Then, make sure to stick to your plan.
5. Understand your opportunities and qualifications. Your previous work experience, education, and background are all factors that influence the type of jobs you qualify for. There are most likely jobs available in the same field where you previously worked. There may also be jobs in a different field.