Jobs in Murrieta, CA
- 474 Resumes
- 4,812 Jobs Available
- 108,368 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
The southern California community of Murrieta is relatively young (officially est. 1991). It is typically known as a “commuter town” for those working in Los Angeles and San Diego, Camp Pendleton, and Orange County. It is also home to Calvary Chapel Bible College, Mt. San Jacinto (Community) College, University of California - Riverside (UCR), a University of Phoenix (learning center), and Azusa Pacific University (satellite campus). Temperatures in the Murrieta area average between 78 to 90+ degrees in summer and 40 to 50 degrees in winter months. Murrieta offers numerous parks (aquatic, sports, skate park, equestrian), and the Murrieta Creek Regional Trail System and Cole Canyon Trail for hiking and biking. It supports sports (softball, volleyball, and soccer), library, golf courses and the Bear Creek Golf and Country Club. Just outside the city is the Temecula Valley Wine Country.A successful job search begins with a familiarization with the local job market, job prospects, and average salaries. In general, full-time and part-time work in the Murrieta area may be found at the city and county offices, local school district/colleges and university, healthcare facilities, and retail employers.
The Murrieta, CA area is included in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area and Riverside County. It has a Sep 2015 unemployment rate of 6.1 percent. This is significantly lower than 7.8 percent in Sep 2014. However, it remains higher than the Sep 2015, 5.2 percent national unemployment average and 5.9 percent state average (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).Employment in the Riverside/Murrieta area has been concentrated in sales and related, office and administrative support, food preparation and serving related, and transportation and material moving sectors. As of May 2014, occupations employing the most workers in the Riverside/Murrieta area were: 1.Retail salespersons2.Laborers and freight, stock, and material movers (hand labor)3.Cashiers4.Combined food preparation and serving workers (including fast food)5.Office clerks (general)The top performing industries in the Riverside/Murrieta, CA area (per percent of total employment), include:1.Office and administrative support occupations (16.0 percent)2.Sales and related occupations (11.1 percent)3.Transportation, material moving occupations (10.3 percent)4.Food preparation and serving related occupations (10.3 percent)5.Education, training, and library occupations (6.9 percent) Murrieta employment was significantly higher (May 2014) in food preparation and serving related, transportation and material moving, and construction and extraction sectors. Conversely, Murrieta employment sectors of computer and mathematical, architecture and engineering, and business and financial operations are significantly lower than the national averages. Murrieta strives to be entrepreneurial and business friendly. Business relocation and growth/expansion assistance is available upon request. In addition to the City of Murrieta and County of Riverside, the Murrieta Valley Unified School District, and Southwest Healthcare System, the largest employers in the Murrieta area include retailers, Target, WalMart, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Lowe’s, and the Oak Grove Center.
Resumes are typically submitted online. Always include a cover letter with your resume. Resumes/with cover letters may also be included as an attachment to the employer’s formal job application. The completeness of your resume will determine if you will be invited to interview. It also serves as a post-interview reference for the recruiter, and helps justify the hiring decision. Effective resumes include basic criteria which are focused, well-organized, and which include a keyword summary and skills and accomplishments lists. All resumes must contain your
• Contact information (phone, cell, email)
• Qualifications and Keyword Summary, Licenses and Certifications, Affiliations and Memberships, Military Service, Language Proficiencies, and “References Available Upon Request. ”List all entries chronologically, from the most to least recent. Do not lie about, or exaggerate, the facts. Proofread your resume for typos and misspelled words. DO NOT INCLUDE photos or personal information such as height/weight, age, date/place of birth, marital status, gender, ethnicity, social security number.
Murrieta, CA job searches can be made easier by:
• Keeping your industry-related skills and knowledge (about local employers and industries) current;
• Enrolling in skills refresher or retraining workshops;
• Keeping up-to-date by reading industry/professional reports and publications and browsing online job banks;
• Networking through online social sites (Linkedin, Facebook, etc. ), community and professional associations, and local job-hunt groups and job fairs websites;
• Circulating your resume (Twitter);
• Including keyword links to your resume, blog, Facebook/Linkedin profile, etc.
• Searching companies/currently open positions online;
• Not limiting your search to job boards. Recruiters also check social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) for candidates;
• Following-up on leads;
• Keeping your resume, network information, and professional and personal reference lists up-to-date.