Jobs in Mount Laurel Township, NJ
- 70,790 Jobs Available
- 41,743 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
An edge city suburb of Philadelphia, Mount Laurel Township, New Jersey, sits in Burlington County. This Philadelphia suburb is home to NFL Films. As you search for jobs in Mount Laurel Township, it is more important that you gather information related to the job market. You should find out about job prospects, searching for jobs in the area and average salaries.
The unemployment rate in Burlington County is 5.7 percent, which is slightly higher than the national average of 5.3 percent. These numbers show that the overall job market in the Mount Laurel Township area is challenging. The top performing industries include mining, logging and construction; leisure and hospitality; financial activities; trade, transportation and utilities; and education and health services. Mining, logging and construction has grown by 8.7 percent over the past year. Retail salesperson, cashier, registered nurse and combined food preparation and serving workers are the largest occupations in the area. The average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048 and for jobs in Mount Laurel Township it is $1,182.
Building a professional-looking resume is imperative to a successful job search. Keep these tips in mind as you work on your own document:
1. Tailor your resume to each employer by using keywords and including information that is specifically of interest to them.
2. Use a different font to better differentiate your headers from your regular text, but don’t use any more than two different fonts in your document.
3. You can use a bold emphasis on headers and other information that you would like to stand out.
4. Make sure that your resume is readable by incorporating bullet points, the table tool and white space.
5. Use a reverse chronological order to make sure that your more recent and relevant experience is towards the top of the resume.
Finding jobs in Mount Laurel Township can be a real challenge, just like in the rest of the United States. Thankfully, you can use these tips to make your search easier:
1. Do preliminary work. This can include research, working on your resume, getting organized, talking with people in your network and other activities. This work will ensure that you are ready to start sending out resumes before you actually start sending out resumes.
2. Search for openings. Once you have laid the groundwork, it is time to start looking for job opportunities. You can look at online job posting sites, on company websites, in newspapers, at libraries, through career centers or at job fairs. The more places you look the greater chance you have of finding a great opportunity.
3. Make connections. While you look for jobs in Mount Laurel Township, you should focus on making connections to grow your network and making connections with potential employers. Use your existing network, social media and online forums to get connected with professionals who work in companies that you want to work in.
4. Look for the future. Many jobseekers look for their dream job. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s not always realistic. If you are just starting out in the career world or you’re trying to switch industries, you will have to start at the bottom. Instead of looking for your dream job, you should look for a company that can provide you with a future.
5. Practice your interview skills. You need to think about your body language, what you’re going to wear, how you’re going to dress and even how you can listen. All of these skills will help you have a stellar interview.