Jobs in Morgan Hill, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 19,925 Jobs Available
- 42,068 Population
- $84,000 Average Salary
The city of Morgan Hill is located in Santa Clara County in the southernmost part of world-famous Silicon Valley. Over the course of its history, Morgan Hill has developed from a community of ranchers and farmers into a home base for California’s tech elite. As you set out to find jobs in Morgan Hill, just as in any location, you’re going to want to prepare yourself with data about the job market such as prospects and average salaries. What follows provides a preliminary overview of the local employment landscape.
Morgan Hill’s economy is tied directly to the lucrative technology industries that call Silicon Valley home. The unemployment rate in the area is only 3.9 percent, well below the national average of 5.3 percent. According to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), construction is the fastest growing industry for jobs in Morgan Hill, showing an impressive 12.7 percent growth over a 12-month span. Unsurprisingly, the information sector follows right on its heels with 12.5 percent gains over the same period. The professional and business services industry comes next at 9.6 percent. Education and health services and manufacturing close out the top five growth industries in the area with 5.8 percent and 2.9 percent expansion, respectively. However, the mining and logging sector has plummeted 33.3 percent over the preceding year. Software developers and retail salespersons represent the area’s largest occupations. Average weekly wages in Santa Clara County are $2,203, more than double the national average of $1,048.
It’s important to take the time to make your resume all it can be. Regardless of the industry or position, there are some basic rules that you should follow. Here are some do’s and don’ts to help you put together a resume that works.
1. Do stress your achievements. You’re selling yourself, so don’t be afraid to be your biggest cheerleader. Make sure you honestly, yet prominently feature the ways you’ve distinguished yourself throughout your career.
2. Don’t include salary information. This is an amateur move that makes you look unprofessional. Worse, it can seriously weaken your negotiating power if you’re offered jobs in Morgan Hill.
3. Do stay focused. Many hiring managers are so overwhelmed with applications that they devote fewer than six seconds to each resume they get. Keep your application out of the trash by presenting a streamlined document that quickly and directly answers tells an employer who you are, what you can do, and why you should be hired.
4. Don’t include prejudicial details like religious or political affiliations. Be careful not to accidentally reveal this information by mentioning awards or associations that are tied to certain groups.
5. Do take the time to polish your work. Grammar and spelling matter. You don’t want to leave a hiring manager with the impression that you might be a lazy or inattentive employee.
Employment searches in any location can be complicated, but a few good choices can simplify finding jobs in Morgan Hill. Here are five tips to help guide you.
1. Complete career assessments to illuminate your strengths, weaknesses and interests. A clear understanding of what you want to do and what you bring to the table makes you a more effective job hunter.
2. Prepare for a long search. It’s important to recognize that looking for jobs in Morgan Hill may take longer than you anticipate. Understanding this right from the get-go could help keep you from getting discouraged.
3. Network. Call on colleagues, family and friends to help you look for work. They could turn up valuable information or connections that may help you find more direct paths to gainful employment.
4. Follow up tenaciously. Until you get a firm no, resolve to check in with a prospective employer every few days to a week. Show them your commitment.
5. Create a schedule. Organizing your time keeps you motivated and helps you manage the complexity of putting in a lot of applications.