Jobs in Moon Township, PA
- 121,365 Resumes
- 8,919 Jobs Available
- 25,524 Population
- $50,000 Average Salary
Moon Township is in Alleghany County, about 12 miles outside of Pittsburgh. It is close enough to Pittsburgh to benefit from the amenities of a large metropolitan area, such as Pittsburgh’s wide selection of museums, yet has the feel of a smaller town. If you are looking for jobs in Moon Township, the following information about the local economy, such as the job market and average salaries, will help you in your search.
The Pittsburgh area continues to recover from the recession. In 2015, the area’s unemployment rate dropped from 4.7% to 4.5%. Alleghany County’s rate is even lower, at 4.2%. The national rate is 5.3%. The top performing industries in the Pittsburgh region are education and health services, trade, transportation and utilities and professional and business services. The mining and logging industry made gains in 2015, with over 8% growth. The largest occupations in the area are retail salesperson, registered nurses and cashiers. The average weekly wage in the area is $954, whereas the US average is $1,048 a week.
It is important to have a resume that excels at conveying how your qualifications are an ideal match for a job. In fact, a resume is a key element to finding jobs in Moon Township and any city across the US. There are some tips and tricks to create such a resume that will work no matter your goals, industry or experience.
1. The most important aspect of any resume is its accuracy. Spelling and grammar should be accurate, as should the information you include.
2. Customize the format. A template or resume builder is a great place to start creating a resume for your search for jobs in Moon Township. Once you have an idea of what sections to include, prioritize them to highlight your qualifications for the job you seek.
3. Make your resume easy to read. Use bulleted lists where applicable, vary your typeface between bold italic and standard and align your text to the left instead of justifying.
4. Use industry keywords in your resume to help hiring managers recognize your relevant skills. Resumes are given little time to make an impression during the first look-through and keywords help those qualifications stand out.
5. When filling in your experience section, use accomplishments in past jobs to demonstrate your abilities, this gives employers a chance to envision the impact you can have with their company. Quantify accomplishments when possible.
You can make your search for jobs in Moon Township, or any US city, easier by following specific actions. Here are some tricks for a less-stressful job-hunt.
1. Make a point to research the opportunities in your preferred industry to make sure that you are pursuing the right job for your qualifications. There may be several jobs that you qualify that will help you attain your career goals.
2. Increase your connections by doing some networking. Networking is a great tool in your search for jobs in Moon Township. Start by talking with the people you know in the industry and building your contacts from there.
3. Stay positive in your search. Be prepared for a potential long search and be persistent with your actions. A positive attitude will shine through when you meet potential employers.
4. Keep your options open about self-employment. If it is difficult to get your foot in the door in an industry, an entrepreneurial opportunity can give you essential experience and build your business connections.
5. Look beyond online job boards to find leads. Visiting industry events and clubs, employment centers and job fairs can help you increase your opportunities and uncover hidden leads.