Jobs in Monterey Park, CA
- 346,251 Resumes
- 41,093 Jobs Available
- 61,458 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Monterey Park, California, lies ten miles east of downtown Los Angeles in Los Angeles County. Monterey Park is home to the largest concentration of Chinese Americans in the country. While all of this information is interesting, as you search for jobs in Monterey Park you really need to learn about the job market, career advice and even salary data.
The job market in the Los Angeles area is a bit of a challenge. The unemployment rate in the entire area is 5.5 percent, in Los Angeles County it is 5.9 percent and in the United States as a whole it is 5.3 percent. The top performing industries are construction, leisure and hospitality, education and health services, government and professional and business services. These industries have grown an average of 5.8 percent over the past year. The largest occupations in the area are retail salesperson, office clerks and cashiers. The average weekly wage in Los Angeles County is $1,120, which is slightly higher than the average weekly wage in the United States which is $1,048.
As you try to find jobs in Monterey Park, you will come to realize just how important your resume is. Use these five do and don’t tips as you build your resume:
1. Do try to create a resume that is either one full page or two full pages depending on how much experience you have.
2. Don’t create a generic resume, instead revamp your resume to make it appeal to specific potential employers.
3. Do make your resume reader friendly by using no more than two different fonts, creating standout headers and using bullet points.
4. Don’t included unimportant information about your hobbies, political views, religious affiliations, marital status, physical description, high school education or anything controversial.
5. Do use metrics as you describe your accomplishments and experience in order to create an engaging documents that wows the hiring managers.
Find jobs in Monterey Park can be a challenge especially for jobseekers who don’t know what to do. Follow these tips to make the search easier:
1. Prepare yourself. You can prepare yourself by doing research, figuring out what industry you want to work in and coming up with a way to organize your search.
2. Focus on the skills you want to use. As you search for job openings, don’t be afraid to look outside of the industry that you have experience in. No matter what you do, make sure that the positions you apply for use skills that you want to use.
3. Follow up on your leads. Whether you had an interview or only just started communicating to a hiring manager, make sure you follow up on all of your leads. This will set you apart from your peers while showing the employers you are dedicated to finding a job.
4. Keep your eyes open for opportunities. Looking for postings on only one website isn’t enough. You have to look on multiple job positing sites, company websites, social media, in newspapers, at local libraries and talk to your network in order to find and apply to more opportunities.
5. Make achievable goals. The main goal of your job search is to find a job, but this can take a while. In order to keep yourself positive, you should make daily or weekly goals, such as sending out a certain number of resumes or attending so many job fairs.