Jobs in Monrovia, CA
- 342,236 Resumes
- 26,943 Jobs Available
- 37,415 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
Monrovia is located near the San Gabriel Mountains in Los Angeles County. It is often a locale used in tv and movies. The city’s claim to fame is that is was the place where McDonald’s began. The founder, Patrick McDonald opened his first food stand here in 1937. If you are looking for jobs in Monrovia, California, then you will want to learn more about the job market and details like the unemployment rate and average wages.
The job market information for Monrovia is based on Los Angeles since it is the closest reporting city. The unemployment rate in this area is 5.9%, which is just above the 5.3% national average. The average weekly wages, though, are at $1,147, which is higher than the national average of $1,048. As you are looking for jobs in Monrovia, California, it helps to learn more about the top industries. The top industries in the area are trade, transportation and utilities, education and health services, professional and business services, government and leisure and hospitality. It is important to note, though, that the construction industry had an increase of a little over 7%. You may also want to note the top occupations in the area, which are retail salespersons, office clerks, cashiers, laborers and freight, stock, and material movers, and food preparation and serving workers.
As you search for jobs in Monrovia, California, you will want to have a solid resume to give to potential employers. Your resume is going to help you get the job that you want, so it needs to be polished and professional. Here are some tips to help you put together a good resume.
1. Keep the information as recent as possible. Don’t list jobs you had more than 10 or 15 years ago.
2. Make sure that you focus on transferable skills if you don’t have specific experience for the job or are changing careers. Transferable skills are those that will work in other jobs besides the one where you have experience.
3. Don’t make your resume too long or too difficult to read. You want to keep things short and concise. Use bullet lists where possible.
4. If you are using acronyms, make sure to write them out. You want to be sure that they are understood and can’t assume the person reading your resume will know what they mean.
5. Try to give specifics about things you have accomplished or achieved. Use quantitative data wherever you can because it gives a clearer picture of what exactly you did.
As you hunt for jobs in Monrovia, California, you want to keep in mind that job searches are tough no matter where you are. So, to help you out, here is some advice to make the process easier.
1. While it can take some time to find a job, don’t let that discourage you. Stay positive and always stay focused on your end goal.
2. Use online tools to look for a job. Use job search engines and comb social media for job ads.
3. Stay in contact with your network. Let people know you are job hunting. Get your name out there and ask for job leads.
4. Attend job fairs. Job fairs offer a great opportunity for you to meet with many potential employers. In addition, you can fill out numerous applications and in some cases, you may even be interviewed.
5. Make sure you treat your job hunt seriously. Make time to work on looking for job leads and putting in applications. If you don’t keep at it, you won’t find jobs in Monrovia, California.