Jobs in Monroeville, PA
- 111 Resumes
- 17,287 Jobs Available
- 28,285 Population
- $49,000 Average Salary
Monroeville is located 13 miles east of Pittsburgh and has a population of around 30,000. The suburb consists of a mixture of commercial and residential developments. With easy access into the city, residents have a variety of cultural activities, entertainment, and dining establishments that they can take advantage of. For those looking for jobs in Monroeville, it is always a good idea to know a little bit about the potential job market in the area. The following talks about the job prospects and the average salaries of certain occupations.
The job market in Monroeville is decent due to its proximity to Pittsburgh. The unemployment rate is 4.5%, which is lower than the national average of 5.3%. The top producing industries in the area are education and health services; trade, transportation, and utilities; and professional and business services. Examining specific jobs in Monroeville, the largest occupations are retail salespersons, registered nurses, and cashiers. The average weekly wage in the Pittsburgh area is $954, which is lower than the national average of $1,048.
One of the most important parts of a triumphant job search is a top-notch resume. Whether this is your first job or you have years of experience, there are certain rules that should be followed when writing a resume. Follow these tips for a high-quality resume.
1. Although there are resume templates online, it is best to design your own resume so that it stands out.
2. Don’t worry if you are changing careers or don’t have much work experience. Focus on transferable skills that you have gained from other things such as volunteer work, school projects, summer jobs, sports, and extracurricular activities.
3. When listing jobs, focus on your specific accomplishments as opposed to job description phrases. Describe the skills you used and the initiatives you took.
4. When applying for jobs in Monroeville, make sure your resume lists a couple of different ways to reach you. Contact information should include your city and state, one phone number, and one email.
5. There are very few hard and fast rules to resume-writing, but one of them is no misspellings or grammar errors. Always proofread your work to make sure it is perfect.
As it is in any city, finding jobs in Monroeville can be a challenge. Those who stay focused and have a positive mindset tend to have an easier time throughout the search. The following guidelines will help make the process a little easier.
1. If it has been awhile since you have searched for a job, take advantage of any job search training sessions that may be offered in your area. These are be up-to-date and will help you focus your time and energy.
2. Keep your options open. Don’t box yourself in by applying for the same types of jobs you have always worked in. Consider using your skills in a different industry and job, or build new skills to open up career opportunities in a brand new field.
3. Update your LinkedIn account. LinkedIn can be a very powerful tool during your search if you use it correctly. Make sure it is updated with all pertinent information and skills, and ask current connections to introduce you to potential contacts in the industry you want a job in.
4. Research potential employers so that you have a better idea who you may want to work for. During interviews it is also helpful to talk about why you would be a good asset for that particular company.
5. If you are self-motivated and have a diverse set of skills, consider starting your own business, or be a consultant in your industry.