Jobs in Mint Hill, NC
- 117,890 Resumes
- 24,051 Jobs Available
- 25,076 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
Mint Hill is a mid-sized town outside of the major city of Charlotte, North Carolina, near the state line. It spans over two counties, Mecklenburg County and Union County, and is home to 23,341 residents, as of the 2010 census. As a suburb of Charlotte, Mint Hill enjoys convenient access to quality schools and all the attractions and employment opportunities that the metropolitan area has to offer. For more detailed information on finding jobs in Mint Hill, including statistics on the top occupations of the area, the largest employing industries and the highest earning jobs, keep reading.
Both counties that encompass Mint Hill are known for their diversity of job offerings and their low unemployment rates. The unemployment rate in Mecklenburg County is 5.1 percent and it is 4.5 percent in Union County. Both these figures are lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. Trade, transportation and utilities is the largest sector of jobs in Mint Hill, followed by professional and business services and then government. Leisure and hospitality is in fourth place, followed by education and health in fifth place, which grew 5.5 percent between 2014 and 2015. Retail salespersons, food prep and service workers and customer service representatives are the top jobs in Mint Hill and the Charlotte area. The average weekly wage for the area is $946, while the national average is $1,048.
With a winning resume in tow, you are more likely to be taken seriously, given better chances and offered higher credibility as a job candidate. Here are a few words of advice to keep in mind when updating or creating your resume, no matter where you are in your career.
1. Narrow the focus of your resume by including a summary of your accomplishments or a headline that encompasses what kind of position you are looking for.
2. Make sure not to include the following on your resume: errors, omissions or information about skills that you don’t plan on using again in the future.
3. Create your resume with appearance in mind, using bullet points throughout to organize your information and using a clean format that catches the reader’s eye.
4. Use the right keywords on your resume. The appropriate keywords for you are those that are relevant to the industry or occupation you’re applying to work within.
5. Use actions words on your resume, as these will be more interesting to readers than passive nouns or verbs. Think about using words like ‘collaborate’, ‘co-create’ and ‘achieve’.
When it comes to finding jobs in Mint Hill, your best bet is to have a plan of attack, plenty of patience and a spirit of determination and diligence. By digging deeply for job leads, and following the advice below, you will likely have success in the new economy.
1. Don’t rule out the possibility of entrepreneurship, especially if you have always dreamed of working for yourself. Now more than ever, the economy is wide open to those who want to launch their own business.
2. Take skills assessment tests to determine what those jobs are that you’re truly best suited to, in terms of your personality, skills and desires.
3. Don’t dismiss project-based work or temporary freelance employment as an option that can carry you through the time you have to kill between jobs, because these opportunities may always lead to long-term options later on.
4. Look to your local job seeker’s support group, career center or job fair administration to help you search out job leads in your area.
5. Use social media sites – such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook – to get the word out there that you are on the hunt for jobs.