Jobs in Milpitas, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 4,745 Jobs Available
- 73,672 Population
- $81,000 Average Salary
Milpitas, California, is known for the Great Mall of the Bay Area. This indoor shopping center is about 1.4 million square feet. The city also was historically a rest stop town for those traveling on the Oakland-San Jose Highway. For job seekers, though, it might be interesting to know that this city has the largest percentage of residents who work in computer and electronic products. If you are looking for jobs in Milpitas, California, you may also want to learn a bit more about job prospects in the area.
Low unemployment rates and job growth in almost all industries is what characterizes the job market in Milpitas. When looking for jobs in Milpitas, California, you will want to know that the unemployment rate for this area is at 4.0%, which is much lower than the 5.3% national average. Additionally, it helps to know that the national average weekly earnings are at $1,048 and this area’s are at $2,183. Looking at the top industries for employment, we find professional and business services at the top followed by manufacturing, education and health services, trade, transportation and utilities, and government. The largest occupations include software developers, retail salespersons, cashiers and general and operations managers.
There some things you do want to do in a resume and then there are things you never want to do in a resume. In order to ensure your resume is in top shape as you begin your hunt for jobs in Milpitas, California, take a look at these tips.
1. Do list your job title first for each employment entry. Unless you want to highlight the company you worked for, this is the best approach because it stresses your skills.
2. Distinguish each job by listing a unique achievement. Try to write something for each job entry that is attention grabbing. You don’t want to sound like everyone else. With a unique accomplishment, you will stand out.
3. Don’t put references on your resume. You can give these to the employer later if they ask for them.
4. Don’t lie at all. It can be tempting to make yourself look a little better, but most employers are going to do a thorough check of the information you present and if you lie, they will find out.
5. Start with your most recent job and work backwards. This is pretty much a standard organizational format. It highlights what you have been doing most recently and where your skills are the freshest.
If you want to find jobs in Milpitas, California, then you need to brush up on your job hunting skills. Here are some tips to help you out.
1. Use your network. Make sure to get the word out that you are looking for a job, so you can get referrals or leads from people you know.
2. Use all the resources at your disposal. Don’t forget that job leads can be found in a variety of places. Look in newspapers, online and at job fairs.
3. Clean up your social media. Employers often go to social media to check out potential employees. You want to be sure you are putting your best face forward.
4. If you get job leads, make sure to follow up on them. Don’t pass on any job. Go to as many interviews as you can and send your resume out to every possible employer.
5. Don’t get discouraged. It can be stressful to hunt for jobs, but it is a very beneficial process. Think of every failure as a learning experience. Stay positive and focused on your end goal.